It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: another problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm 

ok here it is i put all new starting components in my buggy, such as key switch, starter, battery, wiring, i try and keep up with this yearly so i dont have troubles if i want to run it, well its causing me problems i run a subaru 2.2, now i run a stock vw starter and i have been since i did this swap and now it is cranking over slow when cold, and once you start it it cranks ove very slow and burrys my volt gauge as low as it will go. like i said ive ran these stock starters and it still cranked it over good when it was warm. i bought a brand new battery put it straight in the buggy and it is only reading 10 volts with nothing on when i get it started it stays the same now my idiot light does go out it seems like i have some resistence somewhere and cant find it ive replaced everything but the alternator did you guys ever have a problem with a alternator not working at its fullest, if i disconect the battery it still stays running and then the gauge will go up to 14v idk im stumped i havnt ran it in almost 2 years and thinking about letting it sit a few more another question i bought 2 sunpro electric gauges from auto zone hooked them up dont seem to working very well oil press. jumps to 100 when i turn the key on and goes to 0 when i strt it up as for water temp it climbs to 190 within seconds of running but motor isnt even warm yet im trying to figure out if i have it wired up correctly my chart isnt matching with what i had tagged in the box

Post subject: Re: another problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 pm 
WB Contributor

For long distances use the fattest cable.Water temp sender maybe sending the temp of steam or air . Burp it out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm 

i think u have a gauge wiring problem ur temp should never move that fast, even if there was no water in it as far as a starter what bell r u running u should try on of firebugs starters they work great if u have a 3 rib bell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 pm 

i have a 5 rib when you say burp it are you talking about removing the rad cap ?

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring