It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 am 
Firebug wrote:
I love it when lovers ( of buggys) quarrel,,,lets meet up in neutral ground ( steep kind) and hash it out,,,then celebrate together. :wink:

Can I come Watch????? can I can I??? I bet I know who would win....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:41 am 
rockrockets1 wrote:
Damn straight Marty ,This is what makes us all different. And DD has invited everyone to Fultondale Al to prove what he has. Like I have said it would be hard to get around on tractor-v there and still have one of them high$ trany's left
And Mt Busby is a good place to settle this Ha Ha

And Kybuggy has invited everyone to a legal place to ride like D&K or Wilborns or Iron Horse ETC. to prove the point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You are right Bruce They keep them pay places graded
It takes a real offroad ride to play at the outlaw spots
no one with a bulldozer there

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:39 am 
Yea some places do ruin some good hills with those Bulldozers. Bulldozers are for making roads not hill climbs for buggys. So I guess he will have to come to D&K because we do not use a Bulldozer to make a hill. It is all cut by hand!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 am 
Master fabricator

Why not bring it up here to Wellsville, dozers would have a hard time here.

G
A

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:54 am 
I would love to come. But I could never make the trip due to time. I never have enough time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:04 pm 

bruce you better check your facts about water cooled wins, i think the ky v6 has multiuple wins at wilburns ,pretty sure dd won back in the summer,and i also won one in my class.And you should be carefull trying to twist my words,I never said any one was wonderfull or not cause i dont know them but i do know hes a wonderfull bragar and real good at cuttin on AL buggys. So this sums it up you took my post ignore the facts made up your on statistics and twisted my words,boy you realy helped his cause!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 pm 
BOTM Winner

The never ending debate, It's so amusing! The irony of it all is it doesn't really matter what you run. What matters is that each person likes what he or she runs, no more no less! :mrgreen: We all have the same singleness of Purpose, to beat the WOODS, move on allready! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm 
WB Contributor

Talk bout beating a dead horse! If ac was sooo good vw would still be using it. Our sport was started with a ford model t style truck, yes watercooled! Then people found the a bug was cheap and easy to use and very disposible. Well that was true but now there are millions of wc out there in every configuration. So we all do what the guys back then did, get somthing for free and build something out of it! Then lets ride! Lets all let some one sit in his corner and pout while we are riding. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 pm 
mikey w wrote:
bruce you better check your facts about water cooled wins, i think the ky v6 has multiuple wins at wilburns ,pretty sure dd won back in the summer,and i also won one in my class.And you should be carefull trying to twist my words,I never said any one was wonderfull or not cause i dont know them but i do know hes a wonderfull bragar and real good at cuttin on AL buggys. So this sums it up you took my post ignore the facts made up your on statistics and twisted my words,boy you realy helped his cause!

Never heard of the multiple wins at Wilborns. Nor any multiple wins from a WC buggy. Not twisting any words just restating facts from posts that were posted on this site. And I feel for sure Clayton only won 1 time at Wilborns. And before you twist it yourself; Clayton is a great friend of mine and is one of the best Buggy riders ever along with many many more. Never seen where DD won if he did Congrats. And same to you for winning. Now I am confused I thought you said Kybuggy was a good guy. Well he is and you are right that he is a great guy. If you have a proven buggy then you deserve the right to brag. (don't you) And as far as "cutting at Al. buggys" He is just stating the facts. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :twisted: Just joking with you, I do not think he is cutting at any ones buggy. I think as Curt said one time There are too many THIN SKINS around. If you can not take a joke then do not get in the punch line. I think DD loves getting on here and getting Kybuggy riled up. :shock: But it is all in fun!! And you are welcome for me helping your cause.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 pm 
Odyknuck wrote:
The never ending debate, It's so amusing! The irony of it all is it doesn't really matter what you run. What matters is that each person likes what he or she runs, no more no less! :mrgreen: We all have the same singleness of Purpose, to beat the WOODS, move on allready! :roll:

10-4 it is fun :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D it is all in fun!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: But lately it has been boring around here------ ---- ---- ---- ----- -- -- - -- - - so enough of the mush-hie stuff and love songs.--_----__--__---_----- - - - - - ----- ---- - - ----- - ---- - ---- -- --- -- - -- - -- -
Odyknuck wrote:
We all have the same singleness of Purpose, :roll:
GOOD!!! You think like me. so lets poke-fun at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 pm 
WB Contributor

4th of July at Wilburns is the only competition I have ever been in . The 2 runs were averaged. The 1st run was violent and witnessed by the masses. It was incredibly dusty that day and my Air cleaner looked like a mud brick. My 2nd pass the motor popped and missed and I rolled up hill not knowing that I touched off the finish line sensors with my front tires. The crowd had to push me off the finish line backwards. With a terrible 2nd pass I won 2nd place!What does that say about speed?I got home and realized the dirty restricted air cleaner cut off air from the MAF sensor which senses air flow and signals the computer which determines fuel spray duration to the injectors.All I had to do after that 1st pass was clean my stuff and I believe I would have had 1st place.And remember, I never use 1st gear and the buggy is heavy.I'm about to write another post under Upcoming Events.Thanks

Last edited by passat2800 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Pretty sure I saw a badass honda mid engined buggy enter the hillclimb contest at D&K at 4th of july. He didn't run 31" tires either. Can't remember where he placed? I don't honestly think you can say one type is better then the other. Unless you say one type is better for one type of terrain. You want a true best of the best contest? I see 2 ways of doing it.

1.Top Buggy Contest. Look at the Top Truck contest in Four Wheeler Magazine. Multiple small contest or obsticles of different types. Hill climb, timed trail ride, mud bog, or whatever you guys decide on. Points for each event based on placing. Highest Points wins!

2. Summer long hillclimb Circuit. Make several hillclimb contest, each at a different location with different "Hill Builders" Points based on each contest rank.

The problem is that we don't have very good sponcers to cover our travel cost, lol. Hard for some to travel 8 hours on a 2 day weekend for one contest and the chance to break our buggy. But hey I'd love to watch the videos.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Both of those are great ideas, Nitro. The Tuff Buggy type thing is sumthin that Firebug (and maybe others) has kicked around to do and I really liked the idea.
And there have been lots of plans made and long conversations about developing a hillclimb circuit, but it is just so tough to develop classifications (or qualifiers) that everybody thinks is fair, and to get parks to commit to doing them a certain way so they are always consistent. And then the turnouts can be so sporadic. Almost seems like we need an outside non partisoned entity to oversee it all for us, and that would require money, or a chance for that group to make money. But we're still workin on it. Sort of. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

In My Opinion I think each hill climb should be a completely different setup. I mean if you are going to say a type or certain buggy is the best, it needs to be the best at all types of hills or whatever. Like you KY guys would setup your ultimate climb at D&K. The Bama Boys get to set theirs up somewhere down there and so on. I think it should be setup by the local riders to where they think they will win. Then at the next climb they will be the visitors, you follow my train of thought? I do think that they can be either timed hills or the one who climbs the most out of 10 hills at a climb, whatever the host group wants. Then points based on how you placed. At least one months notice on a "sanctioned climb" and if it's timed it has to have lights, no stopwatch. Top ten places, only, get points. So if you break, then well your screwed. But I would like to see a good variaty. And yes I know I can't spel, lol. Better with numbers. And to lazy to look it up. For me this is something that would help newbies like myself pick certain things for my buggy based on performance. I wish we copuld also do an enduro course version, with hills. But that can be a real pain to setup and keep clear at most places. I think the KY boys kill at D&K, but you are setup for there. Sounds like the bama boys are setup for steep rock walls. They run a little heavy for D&K soil, but built for a hard roll on rocks. I also was thinking whatever tire type you start with you finish with. I mean that does seem to also be a big debate. And in all fairness not all of us can afford 3 sets of tires, but I keep scratchin them dang tickets just hoping. :? For myself I'm looking to build a top buggy in MY eyes. Reliable, affordable, go anywhere buggy. Not one that will win climb events, I mean I always have a passenger, want a winch, and carry extra fuel in the cooler. 8) As long as I can get around and up 90% of it and ride 90% of the time without repairs, then damnit I'm happy! Just wish I could afford the $500 trips down south for a weekend more often, I really want to check out Bama, Tennesse and Georgia. Hopefully at least one per year. And yes I loved it down at D&K, except when I was lost, alone and flying up a hill I shouldn't of been on with no where to turn around. Made it though. Oh and b4 I see a post titled Nitro. I know I have willies rotor and am trying to get it back to him!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:13 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

mikey w wrote:
I do not realy see whats your beef any way look at where this is posted'' WATER COOLED'' the only reason you even look at this thread is to argue.You have been pop n off alot worse than DD for alot longer than he has.I get sick to death of hearn you tell us how much better yall do it, we already know how wonderfull you and your sons, v treads, big ky motors, ky frames are how''fugitves are for sand'' we aint got no reall hill down here ,YOU TELL US ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets old dude, looks to me like the only reason DD PISS'S you off so bad is you can not stand the very thought of some thing better than you and your boy's got. Hear is my point you are mad cause he say's his way is better, thats about all you ever post SAME GARABAGE DIFRENT IDEAL!! DID you notice the title of his post VW IS GREAT, if he would have titled it KY. KOKO CUT V TREAD,KY. CHASSI, KY STROKER VW ARE GREAT, may be we would not had to listen to you cry. and dont even bother to tell me i cant spell like you did him, we already know yall do that better to, smart guy.

I was gettin all excited to write a big ol' long response for you, but I'm glad I read further thru the thread, because Bruce1 already saved me the trouble. I can not put it any better than he did.

On second thought, I'm all torqued up to write something and it aint my style to hold back when I got something to say. Plus I'm too tired to work in the shop tonite, the rest of the family crashed out already and this will keep me from gettting bored.

Smart guy??? I am not very smart, I didnt figure none of this buggy stuff out on my own and never claimed to have, I'm just smart enough to listen to the right people.

Relax, who's mad? (Except you?) Post your pic, I wanna see if jealousy is really green. :lol: :lol: :lol: If you dont like what I post, then dont read it.

I dont recall any of us talkin about how good we do it unless somebody else starts bragging first. :wink:

I am not one bit pissed at DD and I think I have posted that more than once, and I dont think he is mad at me. This is all in fun! At least it is for the grown ups who can tease each other but not let it turn to anger. DD's eccentric self is the most exciting thing to hit this site since Curt left it. I hope I get to ride with him someday, I bet that nutcase is a laugh per second!

Is it the bragging that gets old, or is it the fact that KY style buggies have always dominated every hillclimb they go to? (I guess it would get old to me too if I didnt own one. :twisted: :lol:) Get over it and Deal with it. Better yet, give me a reason to quit saying that stuff and build something better. If you can.

Any statements I have ever made about anyone else's buggy or style of buggy was all in fun, and usually provoked. I used to laugh my ass off at the nicknames Curt and his sidekick would come up with for my style of buggy. I dont know of ANY motorsport where people dont poke at others style or brand of machine.(Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, Honda vs Yamaha vs Kaw vs Suzuki, Jeep vs Toyota, etc etc etc). Are Jimmy Johnson fans (Which I am NOT) bad for teasing their buddies? Or what about sports teams, are Yankees fans bad people for bragging on their team? Its like they say, it aint braggin if you can back it up. If that shit really makes you mad in REAL life, then stay out of the sun 'cuz your skin is so thin your bones will sunburn. :mrgreen:

The only thing that bothered me at all about your post was the lie you told about me braggin about Koko's tire cutting. I challenge you to find ONE post where I PERSONALLY bragged about his work, other than to agree to a statement someone had already posted. I dont have to brag on his tires. His customers do that enough. I might brag on his cut jobs in a PM to somebody after they have PM'ed me to ask me about him working on their tires. I have never advertised it or used this site to promote any business for him or me, even though other moderators suggested he did advertise on here and get a banner ad. He is still in high school, and it usually takes him at least a couple months to complete a set because school, family, friends, and chores comes first. And until he is out of school and is old enough to advertise his businesss for himself, I will NOT allow any advertising other than word of mouth because I dont want him to feel overrun by it. Right now I still consider this lil discussion to be friendly and you have a right to feel how you want to about me. But unless you want that to change, then STFU about how I feel about my kid. Besides, I will brag on him if I want to. A father that dont brag on his kids every now and then aint no Dad at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i must say that i really like these dd and larry "discussions" i get a real kick out of the comments and with that said i dont honestly think all that one buggy setup can be the best at EVERYTHING meaning climbing/perfomance in ALL terrains/enviroments and also easiest/best when it come to maintenance/durability

now after saying that i personally love the ac vw and will allways run one as long as i have that option but to each his own......however i would also like to see a good "showdown/put up or shut up" competition bthat would settle this debate BUT i think that would be hard to come up with a fair and unbiased decision due to a number of circumstances such there would need to be an eqal number of ac and wc setups there representing thier own and those that were in the "showdown" would also have to be at each event/location for this to be a true "showdown" and then ther ther are other little things (and everyone that been in buggies and this type riding will know what im talking about) such as those hills that the first one up has the best shot at making it and there are the ones that the more it gets climbed the easier it is to make it and also you those times when somebody just "goofs up/driver error" and dont make it and there are times when you just get "lucky" and make it on the first try and next time it takes you several tries while others are makeing it the top everytime and others never make it

now with all this said and out of my system i would really like to see a fair competion of some sort just to see what the best " ALL AROUND" buggy really is

p.s. i really would like to have me one of them ky built ac 2500, 6rib, one seaters with a set of koko cut 35 boggers and 31 firestones for when i go alone (wife stays home) 8)

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:26 am 

then STFU about how I feel about my kid. Besides, I will brag on him if I want to. A father that dont brag on his kids every now and then aint no Dad at all.

well said

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 am 

boy you realy dont get it. let me try to make this a little simpler so you can understand.He is braggin on a water cooled buggy in the WATER COOLED FORUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you not understand??Nobody can even post any thing in hear with out you telling us how much better your stuff is than ours,how we have to come up their and out climb you before we can say anything.WE ALL READY KNOW WE GOT '' BULL???? FOUND IN SCRAP YARDS'' ''BABY HILLS''CLEMM KADIDDHOPER BUGGYS'' '' CANT SPELL'' AND ON, AND ON,AND ON. THEMS ALL YOUR QUOTES AND THEY NEVER STOP.Then you called me thin skin and childish, boy theirs the pot and kettel thing for sure. Sory that you thought i said something persinal about your boy ,I never meant to do that, as i posted i dont even know yall,my point was you think we need to run the same stuff as you right down to who cut your tires,before we can say anything. Hear me ok, i dont even care about the whole w/c vs a/c crap I got my on openion on that and thats the only one that matters to me, got no need to prove it or aruge. but i think their has been 1 ky buggy in almost all of the climbs at wilburns and i dont think he has won yet. You said this is all freindly, well calling poeple ignorant ''jack holes,childish,and tellin poeple to STFU'' aint freindly and would not be put up with in my presennts. Would it make you happy if we start every post by saying ky is the best and we all worship you? then would you let us post with out consantly telling us how much better you and your heros are????????? I said i would make it simpler for you to understand but just incase it went over your head here it is loud and clear YOU HAVE A SUPPIORERTY ISSUES AND IT'S GETTING OLD!!!!!!!IF WE POSTED HOW MUCH BETTER OUR STUFF WAS IN THE A/C FORUME YOU WOULD SCREAM BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!! DO YOU GET ME NOW?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:50 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hey yea if anyone is wandering about me ...I'm just playing
and as far as KoKo ...I have never had a set of Koko tires BUT I have saw a few sets and Damn I didnot think you could cut that much off a tire ..He does a KILLER clean job JMO
now as the rest of this shit Larry you know mines better :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:01 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I see everyone's point
Just be careful when the next gen is concerned
And Larry I would be proud too :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:13 pm 

bruce 1 wrote:
Firebug wrote:
I love it when lovers ( of buggys) quarrel,,,lets meet up in neutral ground ( steep kind) and hash it out,,,then celebrate together. :wink:

Can I come Watch????? can I can I??? I bet I know who would win....

I am just playing :twisted: I wont to watch how much are tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:32 pm 

let me reapeat my self i never said any thing negative about koko,for the third time i dont even know him!!Any one can go back and look to see if i said any thing out of line about his boy.FOR THE SECOND TIME IF I WAS MISUNDERSTUD I AM TRULY SORRY. Now to the modorator who edited my post i am sorry for the bad word you edited you must not have noticed it was in quotation marks, i find it ironic you did not edit the earler post i got the quote from.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:34 pm 
WB Videographer

ky buggys are the best,and i worship all of u,and kokos tires,,lol,hahaha,,and watercooled chaindrives,i jus had to post something so i could watch the topic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 pm 
chris38375 wrote:
ky buggys are the best,and i worship all of u,and kokos tires,,lol,hahaha,,and watercooled chaindrives,i jus had to post something so i could watch the topic

Chris is not lying the last time I rode with him he bowed down and kissed my feet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahahahahahha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines