It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vw is great but move fwd
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 am 
WB Contributor

A rear engine buggy MUST have a lite motor for no uncommanded wheelies so what is wrong with a 1.8 vw 150 h.p. turbo or toyota honda nissan?<$1000+$500 adapter kit.Show somebody you are educated past bolting 2 carbureators to millionaire Mr. Empi's TOYS! A good friend of mine just had an H beam rod let go and destroy cam ,FLANGED crank ,cylinders, rods, Empi bubble case, oil cooler,and balancing money! When does it all stop? I feel so bad for him! What about incidentals like bearings, oil, gaskets,tear down n build up time,machine shop, travel,car gas,shipping and handling,taxes, somebody dragging yo dead butt out of the woods, self stress, go to work and earn new money, kids go with out shoes.My 93 octane verses concocting some kind of rocket fuel. If my Volkswagen Passat VR6 2800 lets go I'll get another tomorrow for $750.Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am not the smartest person on here! OK , throw it at me.I'm just trying to help you, but the next time you blow up my words will echo in your head.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

passat2800 wrote:
A rear engine buggy MUST have a lite motor for no uncommanded wheelies so what is wrong with a 1.8 vw 150 h.p. turbo or toyota honda nissan? They are NOT light, and 150 hp aint enough!! Thats what is wrong with them. And the "no uncommanded wheelies" comes from a properly designed and tuned chassis and suspension, not some bullshit you find in a scrapyard and stick under a buggy<$1000+$500 adapter kit.Show somebody you are educated past bolting 2 carbureators to millionaire Mr. Empi's TOYS! Why dont you show somebody you are educated past 2nd grade by spelling carburetors correctly? A good friend of mine just had an H beam rod let go and destroy cam ,FLANGED crank ,cylinders, rods, Empi bubble case, oil cooler,and balancing money! When does it all stop? I feel so bad for him! I feel bad for him too. Y'all need to find a new a/c engine builder, or machinist, or check your parts better, or something.
What about incidentals like bearings, oil, gaskets,tear down n build up time,machine shop, travel,car gas,shipping and handling,taxes, somebody dragging yo dead butt out of the woods, self stress, go to work and earn new money, kids go with out shoes. Why do you give a damn how much money we spend anyways? I guess you need justify having a Clem Kadiddlehopper buggy by being proud of your " low cost" . I guess you get so excited about climbing those baby hills because you only spent $5000 or so. If I spent $500 on something that looked like that, I'd shoot myself. My 93 octane verses concocting some kind of rocket fuel. I know of more than a couple of 10.5 :1 a/c buggies that would bust yer ass, and they run 93 just fine. If my Volkswagen Passat VR6 2800 lets go I'll get another tomorrow for $750.Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am not the smartest person on here! Dont worry, you obviously are NOT, since you cant rebuild one of the simplest designed internal combustion engines ever manufactured well enough to stay together. OK , throw it at me.I'm just trying to help you, but the next time you blow up my words will echo in your head. You just dont get it do you? A lot of us dont care if it costs more. We want what works the BEST for our type of buggy. Period. No guessing. I have said it before, COME SHOW ME how much better yours is, if you outclimb any 2276 or bigger London built KY Hillclimbin buggy, I'll start lookin for a VR6 and some upside down leaf springs the next day

Thats great that you are proud of what you got, enjoy it. In the meantime, you need to stop criticizing and insulting the intelligence of those of us who still appreciate the a/c VW and are smart enough or around people who are smart enough to make it work well, consistently, and reliably..... especially until you can beat us.

Last edited by kybuggy1 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am 

this is none of my buisness but in my opinion this conversation has taken place 2 many times!!!!! unless that is, u want 2 prove ur buggy and back up ur talk... :shock: (larry for 1 has called u out more than twice) :shock: ...
like i said just my opinion though :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:14 am 

wow guess its on again

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:27 am 

passat2800 wrote:
A rear engine buggy MUST have a lite motor for no uncommanded wheelies so what is wrong with a 1.8 vw 150 h.p. turbo or toyota honda nissan?<$1000+$500 adapter kit.Show somebody you are educated past bolting 2 carbureators to millionaire Mr. Empi's TOYS! A good friend of mine just had an H beam rod let go and destroy cam ,FLANGED crank ,cylinders, rods, Empi bubble case, oil cooler,and balancing money! When does it all stop? I feel so bad for him! What about incidentals like bearings, oil, gaskets,tear down n build up time,machine shop, travel,car gas,shipping and handling,taxes, somebody dragging yo dead butt out of the woods, self stress, go to work and earn new money, kids go with out shoes.My 93 octane verses concocting some kind of rocket fuel. If my Volkswagen Passat VR6 2800 lets go I'll get another tomorrow for $750.Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am not the smartest person on here! OK , throw it at me.I'm just trying to help you, but the next time you blow up my words will echo in your head.

I think you you have been puffing on to many o/2 sensors :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Rick wrote:

Haha now thats funny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 pm 
BOTM Winner

:shock: WOW :shock: KyBuggy, I love your buggy, but if everyone ran one like it, we would all be at the top of the hill... now what fun would that be? :mrgreen:

But really passat, take it down a notch, my type 1 has stomped PLENTY of water pumpers :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:58 pm 
Global moderator

I love it when lovers ( of buggys) quarrel,,,lets meet up in neutral ground ( steep kind) and hash it out,,,then celebrate together. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Damn straight Marty ,This is what makes us all different. And DD has invited everyone to Fultondale Al to prove what he has. Like I have said it would be hard to get around on tractor-v there and still have one of them high$ trany's left
And Mt Busby is a good place to settle this Ha Ha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:11 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

RaceBugg1098 wrote:
:shock: WOW :shock: KyBuggy, I love your buggy, but if everyone ran one like it, we would all be at the top of the hill... now what fun would that be? :mrgreen:

But really passat, take it down a notch, my type 1 has stomped PLENTY of water pumpers :?

Thanks for the compliment, Racebugg.
And you are right about if all buggies were the same it would be less fun. Thats the last thing I want. Not all buggies have to be the same to do well. Take Firebug for example. 75% of his buggy is one-off. It has gone from underpowered and wrong geared and no bite to a kick ass machine that does very well now. BUT, you dont hear him blabbering about how sucky traditional buggies are. Chaindrives are awesome in their own right. The new design Clayton, Lewis , and Bruce S. are running is killer as well. But this illminded jackhole telling me I wasted money on my buggy and that I'm outdated and unintelligent just doesn't sit well with me, especially when he has no response when I tell him to prove it. It just shows his lack of intelligence because he cant build a powerful type 1 to be relaible. It took some pretty smart guys to figure out how to make a motor run at 4 times its designed hp and twice its designed rpm and have it hold together for ten years plus of thrashing on it every weekend, which OBVIOUSLY pussout2800 has never been able to accomplish.

I aint mad, I'm glad DD likes to pick a debate. It keeps the site lively. He pretty much dared me to respond this time, I thought this was all behind us (but I'm glad it aint yet, at least not until I get the chance to slap him around :twisted:, or vice versa ). I'm just daring him right back, to put up or shut up.

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 pm 

its the creativity and craftsmanship that impress me,theres a guy that races class ten against nick with a homemade 4x4 buggy ,uses a honda with a rev limit.wide open most of time,air cooled is hard to beat.but the other motors show the builders thoughts,most people piece it together year by year or quit.grew up in vw and 427 chevys,hemi's.still admire creative thought,weight and cost my only concern.everybody watched daily as the a-arm buggy came together.my wife does not participate[said stick it ],so you spend cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:21 pm 
Master fabricator

Everyone knows how I feel about the air cooled-water cooled thing, in fact I think I started it. But ol' pussate 2800 acts like he's the first one on the block to go water cooled. Get over your self for a minute and realize your behind a bunch of us, in more than one way.

G
A

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:12 pm 
WB Videographer

You could just do like me, I've got 4 woodsbuggies, 2 are vw, 1 suby 2.2l and 1 3.1L chevy.
I'm not countin the crawler, it's a toyota.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Maddog ain't no body can accuse you of being one sided :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

With me here is the truth
I loved my big stroker VW But I didnot like the after every weekend having to come home and build a trany
and around here we had to run 38 TSL to get around and climb the fun stuff...so we went threw the trany's
We all ran 5.42 091 with the 38 tires
and after one weekend at jeep-hill in Al I broke the trany and I had just got it back together and I said NO MORE Built my first CD and now I just load up and go ....No more race fuel 6 bucks a gal....Now I can ride and grill a steak on the same fuel :wink:
And once again if I had built what I have now then [25yrs ago] I would have saved my self a ton of cash and work and time broke ...It's sorta like the way a old car used to last 100000 miles and now days the thing don't even need a tune up till then :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am 

Passat. I comend your ability to build something different. The problem appears to be that you seam to believe your on to something and nobodys listening to you. First thing most people on here do apreciate your different aproach but they are not interested in it for there own car. They prefer there car they way they built it and you are inconsiderate for putting them down. Your like the bitch ex who thinks nobody listens and everybody should see things her way. If you REALY want people to see that your stuff is so damn great then stop talking about it and prove it already!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:00 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :!: hes thinking now :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:33 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hey I love my water heater, just wish I could afford a tranny that would hold up to it after some good high end mods. I've had more then a few guys around here tell me that they can get me over 300+hp for under a grand. But then I'd just blow through trannies. I like passats setup, saves on trannies the same way a chain-drive does, gear reduction. Same end result, different approach. Unfortunitly the only problem I have with both is I dont think I can get around at my home turf (haspin acres) with anything much over a 100 inch wheelbase, which is where I am right now. I really wish I had the time and money to just go to wellsville and D&K every weekend. i know I've only been in this for a year, but in my opinion for my own use, I'd take a AC for hill climb comps and a WC for trail riding. It wouldn't take to much for me to match HP witha top end AC. But I can't shed the weight to be equal there. And if I brought up my HP to match a Ac's HP/Weight ratio I'd never get my 6 rib to handle it for long with rough use. So I still agree that an AC is the best top performer on a standard buggy setup with out extra gear reduction or a high doller tranny, $5k+. But mine gets me thru most of it reliably and at a price I can afford. But once again I will restate it, WHO CARES WHAT POWERS IT, ITS A BUGGY, LETS RIDE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

tw9294 wrote:
Passat. I comend your ability to build something different. The problem appears to be that you seam to believe your on to something and nobodys listening to you. First thing most people on here do apreciate your different aproach but they are not interested in it for there own car. They prefer there car they way they built it and you are inconsiderate for putting them down. Your like the bitch ex who thinks nobody listens and everybody should see things her way. If you REALY want people to see that your stuff is so damn great then stop talking about it and prove it already!!!!

Very well put. That about sums it up right there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 am 
WB Videographer

rockrockets1 wrote:
With me here is the truth
I loved my big stroker VW But I didnot like the after every weekend having to come home and build a trany
and around here we had to run 38 TSL to get around and climb the fun stuff...so we went threw the trany's
We all ran 5.42 091 with the 38 tires
and after one weekend at jeep-hill in Al I broke the trany and I had just got it back together and I said NO MORE Built my first CD and now I just load up and go ....No more race fuel 6 bucks a gal....Now I can ride and grill a steak on the same fuel :wink:
And once again if I had built what I have now then [25yrs ago] I would have saved my self a ton of cash and work and time broke ...It's sorta like the way a old car used to last 100000 miles and now days the thing don't even need a tune up till then :idea: :idea: :idea:

I used to take 2 buggies when I went ridin, so when I broke 1, I'd get in the spare and finish the weekend.
I'm older now and don't do crazy like I used to, so I just take one. Well, most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:03 am 

I do not realy see whats your beef any way look at where this is posted'' WATER COOLED'' the only reason you even look at this thread is to argue.You have been pop n off alot worse than DD for alot longer than he has.I get sick to death of hearn you tell us how much better yall do it, we already know how wonderfull you and your sons, v treads, big ky motors, ky frames are how''fugitves are for sand'' we aint got no reall hill down here ,YOU TELL US ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets old dude, looks to me like the only reason DD PISS'S you off so bad is you can not stand the very thought of some thing better than you and your boy's got. Hear is my point you are mad cause he say's his way is better, thats about all you ever post SAME GARABAGE DIFRENT IDEAL!! DID you notice the title of his post VW IS GREAT, if he would have titled it KY. KOKO CUT V TREAD,KY. CHASSI, KY STROKER VW ARE GREAT, may be we would not had to listen to you cry. and dont even bother to tell me i cant spell like you did him, we already know yall do that better to, smart guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am 
passat2800 wrote:

DD I love you man. You need to get on here more often. I would argue with you but if I do, some people get mad at the truth and hate on me. O What the hell.

I found your problem with VWs. Stop using JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
passat2800 wrote:
Show somebody you are educated past bolting 2 carbureators to millionaire Mr. Empi's TOYS! A good friend of mine just had an H beam rod let go and destroy cam ,FLANGED crank ,cylinders, rods, Empi bubble case, .

passat2800 wrote:
.I'm just trying to help you,.
Your right you are helping me. If I (and pussout2800) ever get BIG enough Balls to enter a hill climb or to just try a hill then I know I can beat you. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 am 
mikey w wrote:
I do not realy see whats your beef any way look at where this is posted'' WATER COOLED'' the only reason you even look at this thread is to argue.You have been pop n off alot worse than DD for alot longer than he has.I get sick to death of hearn you tell us how much better yall do it, we already know how wonderfull you and your sons, v treads, big ky motors, ky frames are how''fugitves are for sand'' we aint got no reall hill down here ,YOU TELL US ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets old dude, looks to me like the only reason DD PISS'S you off so bad is you can not stand the very thought of some thing better than you and your boy's got. Hear is my point you are mad cause he say's his way is better, thats about all you ever post SAME GARABAGE DIFRENT IDEAL!! DID you notice the title of his post VW IS GREAT, if he would have titled it KY. KOKO CUT V TREAD,KY. CHASSI, KY STROKER VW ARE GREAT, may be we would not had to listen to you cry. and dont even bother to tell me i cant spell like you did him, we already know yall do that better to, smart guy.

In other words he did the same as you. There is no content to DD's post to help any one WC or AC. But it is fun to argue with him. Hell DD would even admit AC is the best over all. Of all the hill climbs that has took place only 1 time, a water cooled buggy won. I guess all the WC guys just let them poor ole AC guys win. I know at Wilborns there were even some 1000hp turbo water pumpers that could not even keep up. :twisted: O yea Larry and KOKO are wonderfull I am glad you see that also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 am 
hillaholic wrote:
Rick wrote:

Haha now thats funny

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:36 am 
RaceBugg1098 wrote:

Your right then we would not have anyone to poke-fun at. :lol: :lol: Like DD or Curt or Firebuggy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines