It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:22 am 
nitro_mudder wrote:
Hey now, watch who your callin a buckeye! :shock: I'm a hoosier, I just imported my wife from Ohio!

Hoosier :shock: Buckeye Whats the difference? :twisted: :twisted: :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope to see yall soon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
Hoosier :shock: Buckeye Whats the difference? :twisted: :twisted: :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope to see yall soon

Brucie, we have hills in ohio, thats the difference!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

yea they do :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 am 
Where is DD??????????????? :?: I think he bit off more than he could chew :? .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 am 

yeah, we have hills at least in our part of ohio . -- maybe a couple little ones around here :twisted:

I love my country, But i fear my government

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:14 pm 
WB Contributor

You are right about not much down here.DD here. Choccolocco and Fultondale are to my knowlege the best (still open ) terrains in Alabama. The parks just want to invent ways to get us to come to theirs.Choccolocco is awesome (Anniston or Jacksonville, Al.) and is a great deal for $20 and Fultondale is free, but hills there are only about 150-250feet tall, maybe 4-6 hundred feet long, but have different characteristics from each other. And is easily accessed by service roads from the street for trucks. Past these two places I would not come to Alabama.People here always say "Upare behine thu hiyos theys sum good ridin". Maybe , but not enough good riding or acreage and/or private property issues.If I'm wrong, somebody sraighten me up.So ,yes, we do not have that much that meets the" great ridin places to go". The videos you see me on are at Leeds Al. Its an awesome nature ride and good locals hang out there at the Cahaba River. Its got alot of STRAIGHT UP old railroad beds that only a few can climb but not me!But I will be up north this spring. Check out my new post under Upcoming Events.Thanks.Dave out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 am 

OK, I can see where i could have blowed up over some stuff that was not meant to be seriuse. In the woods i would be willing to shake hands and forget all this. And just for the record Willie wuld have proably won the last one had he went the right way, and he is as good as i have seen. And it may be hard to belive but i never claimed which style buggy I thought was better. Even thou i run w/c I agree a/c is tuff to beat on the hills. PLus i have great respect for the way yall do a/c buggys in ky. I AM DONE THIS IS OVER ON MY PART.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 am 
WB Videographer

mikey w wrote:
OK, I can see where i could have blowed up over some stuff that was not meant to be seriuse. In the woods i would be willing to shake hands and forget all this. And just for the record Willie wuld have proably won the last one had he went the right way, and he is as good as i have seen. And it may be hard to belive but i never claimed which style buggy I thought was better. Even thou i run w/c I agree a/c is tuff to beat on the hills. PLus i have great respect for the way yall do a/c buggys in ky. I AM DONE THIS IS OVER ON MY PART.

damn this sucks,it was jus getting good,willie probaly would had won the last hill climb,,but my buggy won it,,hahahahaha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:59 pm 

Heres my 2 cents worth....My first buggy nearly 20 years ago came with a built Scirroco engine. I loved it but changed over to air cooled after overheating it. I budget built a 1915 for my next buggy (1500 bucks including dual 44's) which performed flawlessly for 4 years. It was on the buggy my ex gave away...GRRRRRR. I have a 1915 on my 4 seater & my new rail will be Pinto powered. The motor is in my Pinto that will get a V8. its got 25K miles on rebuild & its free. Eventually Id like to try something fuel injected.....maybe S/C Ecotec. I just love all rails.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:21 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

mikey w wrote:

'Preciate the kind words. I dont want you to be done though , just not mad! :wink: 8) I'm sure you are a helluva guy, I havent met many buggy riders that aint. And you got pride in your ride and your homestate, that is repectable. I dont mean for my ribbing to make any body really mad, I'm sorry if it does and apologize in advance for my future jabs. A good debate on here is like a train wreck, you cant help but watch it. :mrgreen: I think teasin each other generates pride in ownership of every kind of buggy, be it w/c, a/c, cd, mini, electric ....whatever. And the challenges promote continuous improvement for all types of buggy.

Come up n ride D&K as soon as you can. You'll see I aint BS 'in, we are nice folks. I look forward to smac....uhhmm, meeting you. :mrgreen: Have a Happy Holiday!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 am 
WB Contributor

KY. Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:52 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

DD. Same to you and yours. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 am 
WB Videographer

kybuggy1 wrote:
DD. Same to you and yours. 8)

yall are getting soft,sissys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:58 pm 
WB Contributor

Hi KY. Thanks. We went out today and cut 2 new climbs. The second one is a cliff for 700 ft. I don't know why we cut it but someday it will be clumpt. We raised hell on it for grins with some big d3i45ck buggies but did not win. The wife has it on video. We will try to post it soon.My Passat blew a drive shaft.It was COLD after the sun went down. How do yall Yanks deal with it. Yall got a be tough. The wife is from Michigan.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:28 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Glad y'all got to ride!

I tried to ,but somebody was skeered of gettin snowed in at GooseRock, so we didnt go. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 pm 

WOW lets all hold hands and take a crap...then sing coom by ya.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Just wanted to stir the pot for next week!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:01 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

nitro_mudder wrote:

and you say i stir the pot ,lmao.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

gasman wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:

and you say i stir the pot ,lmao.chad :mrgreen:

I have more freetime, and I'm high strung :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:40 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

you know though ive got to say it agian,anybody who thinks outside the box is at least trying to improve there experience in the buggy riding community and you reallycant bash them for their idea's,not saying you cant rib the hell out of them and make fun but this is all in fun and kinda pushes them to improve their idea to work better.i will have to say this is a bit far outside of what ive seen as far as the suspension setup and stuff but this is still a kick ass little buggy,and it's still VW.so a thumbs up from me,keep trying new stuff and post it even if it doesnt work,this goes for everybody lets see whats next.at least he's riding and not just talking about it.lol.jmo.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I know I plan to take a look at it down at stony!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:55 pm 

Quote:
I'm high strung

Yes he is!!! :shock:

A/C rocks!!! Sorry, i wanted to post something too.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:34 am 
WB Contributor

my thoughts, im going to try to build a ky style (light weight) conventional style buggy, set up with only climbing in mind (but) with a 2.5 suby :mrgreen: i love the ky buggys and i love to climb but i also think wc is the future! so i want to try it and let the hills decide what is write or wrong. my goal is to be finished for d@k championship. if it dont work ill laugh or (cry) with you :mrgreen:

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines