It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: lost in the wires
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:39 pm 

i am lost i have read this diagram and the ones on here but cannot come to figure out why this motor wont start i have two yellow wires with red stripes that say ignition on and two other wires that say ignitors and a black wire that says ignitor ground but what i cant figure out is where do these wires go by the way this is for a 94 suby motor 2 plug my question is do any of you know where these wires run i have all my fuel injectores hooked up my cam and cranks sensors my knock sensor my air flow sensors i just cant get no juice to the coil pack to send to the plugs im just about to give up and start selling

Post subject: Re: lost in the wires
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 pm 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Whoa don't sell. It might take some time but it will get figured out. Mines not subaru but there are several that have done it. I'm sure they will pipe in. Have you modified your wiring harness?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 pm 
Global moderator

What did you use to get you this far? I used several sources of information and did a lot of cross checking as I went a long. Yellow with red stripe goes to ignition on,,from the switch. It feeds the ignition relay. The black wire going to the ignitor needs to go to ground. Don't give up .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm 
WB Contributor

Roy, if you have it on a trailer bring it over I'll help ya! Dont sell you wont know what your missing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm 

ok steve and thanks guys i found a piece i missplaced its the power unit or something it has 6 wires i cant tell what the first one is red and blue or red and green then dark blue, yellow which dont seem to go any where, black, green and white, and yellow and blue now from what i am getting the yellow and blue, and green and white are the ignitor wires as for the other ones im sorta lost i have all the injector wires hooked up all the sensors and grounds now my grounds werent grounded but the motor ran with all of them tied together i had 2 yellow red ones hooked to the ignition on and the other yellow red to battery but put it at my starter im just getting no spark how hard is it to fry the computer if that is the case im f@#$!d i have a spare computer but who knows if it works

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 pm 
WB Contributor

Take a breath! Mad Mike had to do the same for me. We can go over the whole thing from start to run. I'm not sure what you mean by power unit but we can go over it when we get together to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 am 
BOTM Winner

Well did you guys get this all figured out and running?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:01 pm 
WB Contributor

Getting there! Got most of the wiring done today and figured out the rad and airfilter too. Hope to have up and running by the weekend. Hows yours coming along?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

SubySteve wrote:
Hope to have up and running by the weekend.

Hope so! I'm tired of riding be my self

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:28 pm 

thats all i did for the last 4 years was ride by myself :cry: so im sure youll be fine, but now i may be able to last more than a day without something breaking "knock on wood", and dave the buggy aint going no where soon the next time it leaves will be when i get a new frame and switch the parts over and the old frame is at the shreddar getting chopped in a million shavings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm 
BOTM Winner

SubySteve wrote:
Getting there! Got most of the wiring done today and figured out the rad and airfilter too. Hope to have up and running by the weekend. Hows yours coming along?

I fired it up today. My Dry Sump Oil pump is chattering so I gotta figure that one out. I still have to set the fuel pressure and plug in the Greddy Piggyback and get the Laptop out out start programming the ECU and the ECM.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm 

almost finished with this project all i need to do is get the wiring off steve when hes done hook it up got all my other stuff mounted air filter rad computer box got some rad hoses today finshed my intake now just make the exhaust oilpan hook the fuel lines up and get a new pressure plate and clutch :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:10 pm 
BOTM Winner

volksdude2007 wrote:
almost finished with this project all i need to do is get the wiring off steve when hes done hook it up got all my other stuff mounted air filter rad computer box got some rad hoses today finshed my intake now just make the exhaust oilpan hook the fuel lines up and get a new pressure plate and clutch :D

And all that in one breath! :mrgreen: Keep at it, MD will be here before you know it.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines