It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:30 pm 
BOTM Winner

As some of you know I have been toying with the ideal of going water cooled. I have been doing some fitting and adjusting to see if the swap would go well for next years task. In the process I had to cut some things up and out and well Its Offical, I have crossed over to the Water cooled arena. I will be doing the Swap this year instead of waiting. I have changed to much to go back. Out with the Turbo charged VW 2332 In with the Turbo charged Subaru SOHC 2500! I will be reusing my Turbo, Exhaust system, Innercooler and dry Sump system on the Subie Motor. So all is not wasted. Along with that I have a Greddy E-Manage Ulitmate Piggyback ECM to handle the Boost side of the swap. So anybody wanna buy a badass Fuel injected VW Turbo motor.
It wont be cheap however its avalable.

Last edited by Odyknuck on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:05 pm 

Congratulations,
Just a matter of time before it takes over. Slowly but surely haa haa haa (that was suppose to be a scary laugh)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm 
WB Contributor

Pretty soon we will conquer the world! Haha!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:27 am 

A video response from the rest of the group:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:32 am 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Notice how old the commercial is? That's how old the technology is!!! LOL couldn't help myself. j/k :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am 

This message brought to you by the people who own Volkwagens:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:44 am 

This one reminds me of Curt. LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:55 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

oooo salt in the wound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:00 pm 

You could win with a Briggs & Stratton in one of those "Competition buggies". :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:10 pm 
Global moderator

What?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 pm 
WB Contributor

khaney01- If you cant understand the theory of hijackin threads and want to start the debate again, do it in T T where it has all been discussed before.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1969

I love vw and will never change that but its getting old when sombody decides to update their stuff they get bashed. If you dont like it go to trash talk not here. Odyknuck is proud of his car and its lookin good, dont bash it till you set yours next to it! Sorry had a bad day and sick of hearing it. Dont forget, if you loved your vw that much then why did you cut it up to build a buggy??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:24 pm 

:shock: :shock: ----- No more joking around on this forum ive had enough. ----- :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:11 pm 

SubySteve wrote:
khaney01- If you cant understand the theory of hijackin threads and want to start the debate again, do it in T T where it has all been discussed before.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1969

I love vw and will never change that but its getting old when sombody decides to update their stuff they get bashed. If you dont like it go to trash talk not here. Odyknuck is proud of his car and its lookin good, dont bash it till you set yours next to it! Sorry had a bad day and sick of hearing it. Dont forget, if you loved your vw that much then why did you cut it up to build a buggy??

LOL! You take me too seriously, I don't bash much. If you saw the piece of shit that I drive you would understand why. :lol: I fully understand the concept of hijacking threads and was having a pretty good time of it without meaning a word of it. I think the title of the thread was an invitation for some humor though I may be wrong. If you think I care what you, or anyone else, uses for an engine you are sadly mistaken. If it climbs a hill then I am all for it.

Have a beer (or two), take it easy, and enjoy the ride. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:32 pm 

SubySteve wrote:

The fight has been joined...... :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:39 pm 

pm sent odyknuck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:58 pm 
Hill Climber

Don't tell me your sorry I don't give a rats ass what you run. I just get a little tired of the suby followers calling my motor old and outdated. I actually enjoy doing what I do with a VW motor. I am amazed at the power that can be made with one of those little motors. I really feel like anyone can bolt on a motor. Any motor, there are adaptors for lots of stuff out there. Take your pick. Buy a plate go to the junkyard. It's that simple. I don't want that. I want to do what I do with a Type one VW. I make a good living. If I wanted a watercooled motor I would have it.
Having said all that build what makes you happy and build a car that you enjoy driving. This may sound silly but I enjoy adjusting my valves. I don't mind tuning my carbs. It makes me feel like I am part of why it runs so good. It makes me feel like a motorhead when I tune it in and it runs like a bat outta hell. I don't want a computer and sensors doing that for me. Not till I get ready to go home then I want to get in my truck and just drive. No worries.
I am reminded of a sticker I once saw at a car show. Anyone can bolt on a set of wheels. It takes a real man to chop a top. Well anyone can bolt on a subaru motor.......

Dean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:01 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

the shit has hit the fan once again

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 pm 

purplerail wrote:
the shit has hit the fan once again

That'll teach me to joke around. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:12 pm 
WB Contributor

D. Marks wrote:
Don't tell me your sorry I don't give a rats ass what you run. I just get a little tired of the suby followers calling my motor old and outdated. I actually enjoy doing what I do with a VW motor. I am amazed at the power that can be made with one of those little motors. I really feel like anyone can bolt on a motor. Any motor, there are adaptors for lots of stuff out there. Take your pick. Buy a plate go to the junkyard. It's that simple. I don't want that. I want to do what I do with a Type one VW. I make a good living. If I wanted a watercooled motor I would have it.
Having said all that build what makes you happy and build a car that you enjoy driving. This may sound silly but I enjoy adjusting my valves. I don't mind tuning my carbs. It makes me feel like I am part of why it runs so good. It makes me feel like a motorhead when I tune it in and it runs like a bat outta hell. I don't want a computer and sensors doing that for me. Not till I get ready to go home then I want to get in my truck and just drive. No worries.
I am reminded of a sticker I once saw at a car show. Anyone can bolt on a set of wheels. It takes a real man to chop a top. Well anyone can bolt on a subaru motor.......

Dean

I know Dean, Yours runs great! But everytime you mention it does somebody have dig on you? Its getting old. If the vw was indead outdated do you think there would be so many still in use. There great little motors. I just sold my last one. It will soon be on the trail with us.I think the difficulty level of bolting on a suby is as diffucult as building a good stroker that runs for more than one ride. I agree just get off your a$$ and get in the woods and ride. I just wish it wasnt against buggy by-law to go watercooled. It just seems everytime someone does this is what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:19 pm 
Hill Climber

See you are just as guilty as I am. You know damn well a stroker will run for more than one ride. Mine is getting pretty old. It has not been touched in 2 years and even though I may go through it I bet it does not need it. Maybe if you guys quit saying mine is junk I will quit saying yours are brain dead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:30 pm 
Global moderator

AC or WC,,you aint lived till you got a set of Babychains :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:31 pm 
WB Contributor

Never said yours was junk, as for stroker lasting if you dont put it together right it wont last. The stroker I just sold was four years beat and I freshened it up but dont think it needed it. By the way hows the new job?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 pm 
Hill Climber

The job is going great. I will be heading back out Jan. 5th. I am working from home over the hoildays.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:51 am 
BOTM Winner

Remember the movies..........Darth Vader was once a Jedi (VW) then he became the Dark Force (Suby) then he got defeated later by a Jedi :twisted: :twisted: just kidding, but it makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:01 am 
Hill Climber

Baddvw wrote:
Remember the movies..........Darth Vader was once a Jedi (VW) then he became the Dark Force (Suby) then he got defeated later by a Jedi :twisted: :twisted: just kidding, but it makes sense.

You do know that you are a geek, don't you? But I love the analagy. I plan to continue to triumph over the Dark Forces. Now I am gonna shutup the modorater told me that this is not TT.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines