It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saturn motor question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm 

I am going to build a water cooled rail and is a Saturn 1.9 a good choice and does anybody know the horsepower ratings on them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:04 pm 
Global moderator

what year and model? here is some info

1993 Saturn S-Series: A standard driver-side airbag is added to all Saturn subcompacts, while a new base coupe is added. The new entry-level coupe is dubbed SC1 and comes equipped with the 85-horsepower single-cam version of Saturn's 1.9-liter 4-cylinder. Last year's coupe is renamed SC2 and retains the 124-horsepower twin-cam version. For both engines, a 5-speed manual is standard and a 4-speed automatic is optional.
1994 Saturn S-Series: Revised power door locks, a recalibrated transmission, and CFC-free air conditioning sum up the changes to Saturn's sports coupes for 1994.
1995 Saturn S-Series: A standard passenger-side airbag, extra power for the base engine, and minor styling changes are making headlines this year at Saturn. Saturn completely redesigned the interior with a new dashboard and dual airbags. In addition, the base engine provides 15 more horsepower--100 instead of 85. With the addition of dual airbags, motorized shoulder belts have been discarded for new height-adjustable manual 3-point belts. Among the styling changes, the SC1 gets a new front end, while revisions were made to both the front and tail of the SC2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 pm 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Terry fryer wrote:
I am going to build a water cooled rail and is a Saturn 1.9 a good choice and does anybody know the horsepower ratings on them

If you have any questions just shoot me a pm. I have a 1.9 dohc in mine and pretty happy with it. I have a few friends with saturn's in theirs. You can check out the build pics here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3661

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines