It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:54 pm 

You was what I was basing that off of Mike. it's been doing good and you haven't cut it any slack either
Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:14 am 

Alpha Fab wrote:

In regards to the disucssion on the 2.0 vs. 2.4. The 2.0's are much more involved, can be more expensive, and overall cause more headaches in a stand-alone environment. Go with a 2.4 and either ADD a Supercharger or Turbo. It will be cheaper in the long run, when done properly.

-AFI

Just wondering if you could explain how it would be cheaper in the long run? Terry and Mike have proved that the 2.0 S/C work pretty well so I was just wondering if you could possibly throw around some numbers that would show why the 2.4 with an added S/C would make more sense? Cost and performance wise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:33 pm 

Well booboo here's my take on it, it depends on what you want to do with your buggy, I think that the 2.4 without sc will do just about anything you want and you dont have extra weight sc and intercooler for the average wb guy. But the sc is cool as hell if you love hp and torque . Imo I think go with 2.4 and try it then if your not satisfied you can either and sc or change injectors, header,tune,e85 maybe, to get what you want. Either way its cheaper in the long run than a 2500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm 

I forgot about weight distribution ,that may be a issue on some buggys ,consider the cost of longer arms and shocks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:19 pm 

Mike, I understand that a Ecotec is cheaper than a 2500 VW in the long run. However, that's not the point I was trying to come to. Would it not be a hell of a lot cheaper and better to buy a 2.0 S/C out of a junkyard than to buy a 2.4 and then add a $5k supercharger?? I could be wrong on how much the supercharger costs (that's just one price that I have seen which is what I based this off of). This is why I asked AFI to throw around some numbers that would make more sense of the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:47 pm 

Im sorry booboo I didnt understand the question and didnt realize it was towards afi .my bad!!!! But you can bolt the stock sc from the 2.0 on the 2.4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 pm 

No problem Mike!! I was wondering about that too because that would make it more cost effective than a $5k S/C. Now if I can just get me a Robinson frame ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 am 

Moron Mike I found your business card----

mo·ron
ˈmôrˌän/
noun
informal
noun: moron; plural noun: morons

a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;
informalnitwit, halfwit, dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dingbat, dipstick, goober, coot, goon, dumbo, dummy, ditz, dumdum, fathead, numbskull, numbnuts, dunderhead, thickhead, airhead, butthead, flake, lamer, lamebrain, zombie, nerd, peabrain, birdbrain, scissorbill, jughead, mouth-breather, jerk, donkey, twit, goat, dork, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, boob, turkey, schlep, chowderhead, dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, knuckle-dragger, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap, meatball, dumb cluck, mook
"what moron let Mororn Mike drunk post again?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
you must have that stage 12 Ecotec / that reves to 12thou right? and you do that with the stock ECU right? or maybe you have one of those trick O2 sensors that gives yours super powers? or a K&N air filter that adds 50HP
funny thing I never here if any fast guys racing off road from your neck of the woods--- except for bench racing.
it sounds like you have won 17 championships with that ark welded POS you have----
your the reason they made grinders Moron Mike ----

Attachments:
skjdkjs.jpg
skjdkjs.jpg [ 5.08 KiB | Viewed 8679 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:58 am 
WB Contributor

YOU SIR ARE A DICK

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:23 am 

What's the purpose of that???? That really shows a what a person is like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:04 am 

Not directed to you Dav..lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 am 

This could all be a lot of fun in the woods .....2.0 wc ecotec ....2.0 wc vw lets see who can do what my place in MANCHESTER KY this weekend July 18 and 19 no fighting just good fun :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am 

darrell wrote:
This could all be a lot of fun in the woods .....2.0 wc ecotec ....2.0 wc vw lets see who can do what my place in MANCHESTER KY this weekend July 18 and 19 no fighting just good fun :?:
lots of land to play on too ..I am having a ride down there any way and we got a couple of small hills to play on so lets get it on :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I would like to strap this speedfun guy in my CD and take him up the wall at Aetna MT and watch him piss him self :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The reason you don't here alot about these folks racing is it's a long pull to a event in Indiana or Illinois .And remember when most including you go out and buy a race chassis, Mike builds his own And I have seen his work it's FIRST CLASS by any ones standards :!: :!: :!: :wink: Now get off my buddy :evil: he is Loved here by this family

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:42 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

P.S. I bet he's a obama supporter :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:11 pm 

rockrockets1 wrote:
P.S. I bet he's a obama supporter :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:14 pm 

This is Woodsbuggy not Racebuggy.....? Who cares about fast race teams when your in the woods? My engine is lighter and will out rev any VW rabbit engine, hell the secondary injectors don't kick in till 8 grand! :)

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."--Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm 

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:16 pm 
Master fabricator

Alright guys, stop feeding the troll. At this point he could say the sky is blue, grass is green and water is wet, NO ONE here is going to believe or even pay attention to anything he has to say. He has ZERO credibility with us, he is full of himself, a legend in his own mind.
I'm alright with him thinking I have an arc welded POS and I'm the guy they made grinders for, and I don't know but the Buggs Bunny Road Runner Hour was my favorite hour of cartoons, 40 years ago.
So lets just ignore him and I'm sure he'll go away. Nothing he does here can end well for him. And when did we start to have auditions for "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" because, wow I know when Ive been out witted.

G
A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:35 pm 
WB Contributor

diamonddav wrote:
YOU SIR ARE A DICK

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

x2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:08 pm 
WB Videographer

He is not very popular with these guys either: http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/thread ... lch.44209/
Below is a sniplet from that forum.
Rick Welch did start in Pro 2 on Saturday at Primm. He typically runs last and then pulls off the track with a "problem" just before he gets lapped. Saturday he got black flagged within a couple laps for having a flat. Yes, he is pretty proud of himself with confidence "off-the-charts". I bought my single buggy from him right after the first West Coast Corr race in 2005. It was beat up pretty bad but a good brand of chassis. I hear he takes all the credit for any success that I have. He's a real winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm 

Maddog wrote:
He is not very popular with these guys either: http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/thread ... lch.44209/
Below is a sniplet from that forum.
Rick Welch did start in Pro 2 on Saturday at Primm. He typically runs last and then pulls off the track with a "problem" just before he gets lapped. Saturday he got black flagged within a couple laps for having a flat. Yes, he is pretty proud of himself with confidence "off-the-charts". I bought my single buggy from him right after the first West Coast Corr race in 2005. It was beat up pretty bad but a good brand of chassis. I hear he takes all the credit for any success that I have. He's a real winner.

Ultimate burn lmfao!!!! I want a t-shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Taps talk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm 
Master fabricator

Maddog, that is absolutely priceless. When the boys from Race Desert start capping on you, you are a class act tool. All of that was back in 2008, I guess ol' Rick was a dick back then to. I was going to link all of this to Race Desert but that topic is too old and irrelevant.
So Rick the dick, how do you like US now??
By the way, don't go away mad, just go away, SpeedRacer.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 am 

Their is room for only one Rick the dick on this forum...So long speed chaser :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines