It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:48 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EngineWiring.com Problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:18 pm 

Anyone use enginewiring.com lately? Is he still in business? I see other posts re: difficulty getting him to respond etc. Seems like a nice enough guy when I talked to him prior to sending my harness and paying him up front . But twice now he told me he shipped my harness back to me and several weeks later, I'm still waiting. When I first called him to ask about it he said "oops", I'll send it right now. Well, another week has gone by and I'm still waiting. He gave me a tracking number that doesn't track shit. Of course now he doesn't answer or return calls. I don't think he's going to rip me off but I wish he'd man up and tell me my harness is still sitting on his bench. I wish I'd just purchased an EMS from a reputable company.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm 

try "12voltguy.com".. never personally used him but a buddy has got several pieces from him that look very professional and they where painless so it was jus plug and play 8)

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:55 am 

I'm having the same problem but from a different guy. I think the problem is a lot of these companies are very small. The guy I'm dealing with does it as a side job, even though his website makes you think otherwise. I was told 3 weeks and it's going on 9. Mine is supposed to ship this week but I'm not holding my breath. I'm a small business owner myself, I understand how little it takes to get swamped, but come on, don't say 3 weeks if you know its going to be triple that! :evil:

I'd just keep on him. Chances are he's buying time every time he says, it shipped, or whatever he's telling you. I'd call and confront the situation. Reputation and referrals are everything with a small business.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am 

I wouldn't panic. I am not sure what the lead time is for his work but whenever I have talked with him in the past he was always helpful and didn't mind sharing his knowledge. Hope it works out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 pm 

Thanks,
Your probably right. Small business guy that takes on too much work. Like I said, he seems like an OK guy. Spent lots of time with me on the phone. Very helpful. The money I paid is not enough to panic about or get out of control angry over. These small business guys gotta learn that customers dont' like wondering and guessing whats up. Dont' tell me you shipped it if you didn't. Bad news is OK.
I have no choice but to continue waiting and hoping I guess. Still wish I had just paid the extra money and gotten a pre wired set up.

BTW, I wanted to include some photos of my donor 2.2 Ecotec and ask a couple questions about it. See if anyone who has made the swap recognizes a couple things that I can't figure out.
I click on the Img tab but I don't seem to be able to add photos. Any trick to it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 pm 

Bubbalowe wrote:
I wouldn't panic. I am not sure what the lead time is for his work but whenever I have talked with him in the past he was always helpful and didn't mind sharing his knowledge. Hope it works out.

Same here it was 3 weeks longer then what he had told me but I believe he is as straight up guy as you could get. Plus his work is very good and his tunes are even better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm 

To post pictures I upload my photos to photbucket.com and then you just move the mouse over the photo you want. It will highlight the photo with a box and at the bottom it has a code "img". You just click it and it copies it. Then you just paste that into the reply box on this site. It's a pain but it works. Other photo websites work as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 pm 

Well, my harness arrived and all is forgiven, I guess. I have questions re: a couple things on my donor engine, (07 Cobalt 2.2), that I can't identify. I'll try to include photos so if you've made the Ecotec swap, please look for my new post and I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines