It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: finally found LSJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:01 am 

Finally found an 05 chevy cobalt ss to swap the supercharged LSJ. Took me 2-1/2 hours to winch it on the trailer. 3 damn tires all heading in separate directions. PITA

That last pic of the fork lift is for passat. Its got a chevy 283 engine an trans, miltary truck axles 4x4, things a beast! All custom made out of what ever my grandpa had around.

Post subject: Re: finally found LSJ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:57 pm 

why not just charge the 2.2?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 pm 
WB Contributor

Passat here. Your Gpa fabbed the forklift!I get a high off of fabs and salvage. Awesome!You did the right thing and got the whole car.We want to see your progress pics as you go!What is the motor and what are your plans?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:24 pm 

Nice find :mrgreen: im going to have to be like Passat and say having the car i would setup and run the stock trans with that motor :lol: Cant wait to see what you do with it you always do good work!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 am 

Im going with the LSJ which is supercharged for one reason over turbo. Instant torque! For hill climbing I dont want to wait for that 3 grand till the boost hits. My buddys got a turbo ecotec and also wants to go supercharged. But if I was in a street application I would always go turbo. Its almost cheaper to just buy the hole LSJ engine and setup then just the supercharger kit. Just not sure how Im going to do the DBW throttle. Might try to fab up a l61 throttle body but then Ill have to figure out wiring and ecu problems.

I got the car running last night. Damn rain was coming down so only was out for a few min till I was soaked. But when it got hit it went into some sort of security mode and when I turn the key it didnt send power to starter. So I just turn the key to run and jump the starter posts and it fired right up.

The lsd tranny is going to hook up to my 2.2 L61 I got sitting in the garage. Fab up a t2/t3 turbo setup, water to air intercooling system, and try to fit in under the hood of my Mazdaspeed protege. That damn ford engine under the hood now is on its last legs. The engines good in N/a form but with the turbo it just vibrates and hates boost. Whats funny is my ecotec l61 in my buggy is completely hard mounted with almost zero vibration. My car has solid rubber mounts and vibrates BAD! There known for vibration. Once I get the engine out of the cobalt Ill take some very precise measurements to make sure its even possible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:06 am 

heres what Ive been working on. bought a knock down warrior last summer. apple tree custom torsion an warrior beam. heavly modified race trim seats. cavalier rack. some other things thats still in the planning stage top secret folder lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 am 

Should of worded it better.. Why not just supercharge the 2.2... I was just wondering you said finally found one..When you could of just used intake and supercharger of the 2.0 0n the 2.2? Just curious thats all?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 pm 

bradley59dzl wrote:
Should of worded it better.. Why not just supercharge the 2.2... I was just wondering you said finally found one..When you could of just used intake and supercharger of the 2.0 0n the 2.2? Just curious thats all?

A super charger setup is around $1300. I got the hole car for only alittle more then that. It would work to just buy the super charger kit but why buy the milk when you can get the hole cow for the same price.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 pm 

ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
bradley59dzl wrote:

A super charger setup is around $1300. I got the hole car for only alittle more then that. It would work to just buy the super charger kit but why buy the milk when you can get the hole cow for the same price.

makes sense.. I was just curious thats all..

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines