It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:58 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Enginewiring.com????
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:41 pm 

Did anyone else use them to do your wire and ecu. I want to but have been calling them for a 2 weeks never any call back and also emailed them 2 time and still can get anything back?? Did anyone else have the same prob and they still OPEN? thanks ALSO does anyone know of a place i can get the info on the wireing I could do it myself I also have the stock ecu i would like to use but dont know where to send it??

Post subject: Re: Enginewiring.com????
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:45 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
what swap you doing ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:28 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

my cousin kyle martin had the same problem back inthe summer with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:37 pm 

I have a 05 ion ecotec wire drive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 pm 
BOTM Winner

He is hard to get in touch with. He's just a one man operation so hes usally swamped.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:18 pm 
BOTM Winner

i emailed him while we did a subi swap and he got back to me maybe like Steve saying he's just busy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 pm 

well I hope he gets back with me in the next few weeks. If not i will have to go with Custom Built Motors and I hate to do that since i have the wire and the ecu. :?

Does anyone know of a place that can do the wire and ecu or just the ecu.

thanks guys :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 am 

look for someone in your area that has a chassis dyno and tunes late model cars. They will most likely have hp tuners software and will be able to minipulate your ecm as needed. You can trim the factory harness yourself using only whats needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:52 am 
WB Contributor

engine wireing.com was good to me! yes it took him awhile to call me back, but when he did every question i had he took the time to answer :wink: and did so knowing i was not spending any money there!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 am 
WB Contributor

I pulled the motor out of the car with the compt (ECM) still attached .Isnipped off radiator and fuel recirculating and smog stuff.A big bundle ran into the fire wall to the key switch so I hacked it in 2. So, I gave a powered toggle switch from the battery to these wires such as ignition coil system, fuel injection system, elect fuel pump( so I'd have control over them especially during maintenece trouble shooting) and starter.Gave the ECM a permanent hot. Gave throttle position sensor , maf, and radiator a permanent hot from the battery after it passed thru one of those Aotozone big power wire throw pole switches.The ECM MUST be permanently hot or it will have to reprogram itself everytime you crank. BOOM , I was done with it. Quit acting like all this is such a big deal!!! :D Cranked the motor and it was violent.After you get 15 headaches you will realize that this is more simple than sincing two carburetors.The coolant temp has to be hooked up or it will not run.Keep your maf sensor clean with Maf sensor cleaner ONLY!It evap0rates the dirt and leves no film to burn the wire in two or play games with the compt.Air cleaner is important also.Reattach the OBD2 test port located below the sterring wheel.Its only 3 wires. 1 from the compt, one permanently hot and a neg-.Awesome for trouble shooting. Even a cave man can do it. :lol:

Last edited by passat2800 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
ck with terry fryer i think he did his own and would be worth a shot in the dark !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 am 
BOTM Winner

i had my suby harness done by ew.com. the work was done in a timely manner, my phone calls were answered or returned right away. all my questions were answered in great detail. im not sure if he still does this but he used to run ebay auctions with some great "buy it now" prices.

wiring went from this

to this

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:16 pm 

Thats what i did by myself. Obviously not everyone feels as comfortable with wiring as i do. You HAVE to get the gm ecm programming changed no matter what to at least go around the anti theft. Theres no easy way around it unless your a computer programmer and can read code. i had to supply power circuits for the ign module,fuel pump,cooling fans and ecm itself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm 

I got a hold if him today you guys are he is a great guy talked to me 30mins but my motor is not Supported by Hpturners :cry:

So tell me what you guys think he told me Saturn are a little diff from the other ecotecs but he has had guys run them with no probs but i would have to get the ECU from the other ecotecs.

or I can go with a MEFI 4 ECU and I got a guy that will make the harness cheap but going this way i will have a tach but can not be able to look up motor codes.

stock would be 550 if i can get the guy i got the harness from will trade me out.
or aftermaket run about 800

which way would you guys go :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 pm 
WB Contributor

bluebuggy wrote:
I got a hold if him today you guys are he is a great guy talked to me 30mins but my motor is not Supported by Hpturners :cry:

So tell me what you guys think he told me Saturn are a little diff from the other ecotecs but he has had guys run them with no probs but i would have to get the ECU from the other ecotecs.

or I can go with a MEFI 4 ECU and I got a guy that will make the harness cheap but going this way i will have a tach but can not be able to look up motor codes.

stock would be 550 if i can get the guy i got the harness from will trade me out.
or aftermaket run about 800

which way would you guys go :shock:

if it was me id pm terry fryer, and ask him directly those questions :wink: he has alot of knowledge on the eco's and thats who i want my eco advice from :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 am 

That is the same motor as the cobalts. They might as I said might be one or two sensors with a diffrent plug (I'd have to research it). I would just get a computer and harness from a cobalt. And it will work the factory computers are better than anything aftermarket. You could probably repin your computer plug to work with a cobalt ECM. See if you can trade your ECM for one out of the same year cobalt. Or You can send me the harness and a cobalt ECM and I will do it for you for a small fee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm 

Terry fryer wrote:
That is the same motor as the cobalts. They might as I said might be one or two sensors with a diffrent plug (I'd have to research it). I would just get a computer and harness from a cobalt. And it will work the factory computers are better than anything aftermarket. You could probably repin your computer plug to work with a cobalt ECM. See if you can trade your ECM for one out of the same year cobalt. Or You can send me the harness and a cobalt ECM and I will do it for you for a small fee.

ok I got a 04 cavalier ecu and you can repin it to work with my 05 harness and how small of a fee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 pm 

The only problem there is 04 is cable not dbw. You can still use it you will just need a throttle body from a 04. Send me a pm with your phone # and a time to call and I will get ahold of you when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm 

Yea Id swap it all too a cable throttle. alot less headaches.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:37 pm 

ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
Yea Id swap it all too a cable throttle. alot less headaches.

Yep I think so to thats the way I went. Just have to fab up some way to hold the cable and the cable its self.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm 

just go to the junk yard n grap one off the ecotec engine to hold the throttle cable. I used the stock one with stock throttle cable.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines