It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Subaru engine parts
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 pm 

I have what look like some little used Subaru engine parts. Don't know a whole lot about these parts. They were in a WRX STI. Parts don't appear to have very many miles on them. I work for GM dealer and this engine was in the car but did not run right. One of the other techs at work took it apart but didn't really find anything wrong. Our general manager chose to send it to the Subaru dealer who replaced most of the engine. I now have the leftover parts. The head I have is supposedly warped but I have the entire short block with crank forged rods and forged Arias Pistons. Looks as though almost every Fastener on the engine is ARP. Has what looks like Barely Used aftermarket camshafts. Have no idea of what brand or specs can't really seem to find anything. However the heads had to be clearanced for the cam lobes so obviously probably good size cams. I'm assuming the valve springs are upgraded valve springs however I don't know that. Also one of the valve springs is missing. Also a fabricated deep sump pan with pickup and windage tray. I have some pictures of the rods Pistons bearings Etc when the engine was apart. The short block is at this time assembled which is the way we got it back from the Subaru dealer. If anyone is interested just PM me your number and I can text you some pictures. And if you're still interested after seeing the pictures you can just make me an offer.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Water Cooled Engines