It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 am 
BOTM Winner

because of the the instability of the human race i am going to get my concealed carry permit here in ohio. i have apartments in a bad part of town and i would feel a bit more secure knowing that i would have a chance to come out on top of a bad situation should it occur.
i have been looking at the glock 19 and the glock 26 both are 9mm. the 19 being a compact and the 26 being a sub-compact. gonna go to the range monday and rent both guns to see which is the better fit for me.
are there any gun enthusiast here on woodsbuggy that have an opinion on this subject? although glock is my 1st choice, i am still open to other brands.

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:55 am 
BOTM Winner

Back in the day I had a Smith and Wesen model 59 9mm. It was an excellant piece. 14 in the clip and one in the chamber. Never had any issues with it and put quite a few rounds thru it. Well at least up until some Junky stoled it from me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 am 
Master fabricator

Colt Commander, .45 ACP. Forget the 9mm sissy gun. Get your self a hand cannon and hit 'em hard.
Or The Glock .40 cal, I think it's a model 40 and hit them sorta hard.

G
A

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:30 am 
BOTM Winner

I have a Para PDA .45 ACP and it looks like this....Image it is an awesome little gun, but a little pricey though, the gun holds 7+1, not bad for a small .45 cal gun.

I am also looking to buy this...Image this little bad boy can hold 12+1 rounds of .380 cal and you can buy a clip to put on it and put it in your pocket and it looks like you're carrying a pocket knife and can't even tell that it is a gun at all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:44 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Bad thing about the 9mm is that it goes through and can hit a 2nd target without a lot of knockdown power. I'd go with a 45 just because they dont make a 46. I personally want a semi auto stockless 12 to carry. With a mini-gun mounted on the passenger side of the buggy. And before anyone says it, yes I know its heavy and so is the ammo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 am 
BOTM Winner

Now were talking about something i really like. Ive owned about every kind of gun from 50 cal to a 45 tommy gun.As for what i like for my carry canceal is a smith&wesson M&P 40 compact. everybody use to carry 45 but the 40 has almost as much knock down and has a lot more velocity also holds alot more in the clip. i still like the 45 but they only hold 6 or 7 rounds thats not enough any more. I had 93 guns at one time i was in hevan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 am 
BOTM Winner

nitro_mudder wrote:
Bad thing about the 9mm is that it goes through and can hit a 2nd target without a lot of knockdown power. I'd go with a 45 just because they dont make a 46. I personally want a semi auto stockless 12 to carry. With a mini-gun mounted on the passenger side of the buggy. And before anyone says it, yes I know its heavy and so is the ammo.

Ain't that what hollow points for?? Keeps it from going through the target and lets all the power stop inside the first target right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 am 

I have a cute little Rossi .357 2" barrel that fits in the palm of your hand. Hollow points make big holes coming from this baby. My soon to be ex is still fighting to get this as part of the divorce. She already has the 9mm, the .380 & the .32 revolver. If I have to give it up its going to be chop sawed into several pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:14 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

dunebuggynut wrote:
I have a cute little Rossi .357 2" barrel that fits in the palm of your hand. Hollow points make big holes coming from this baby. My soon to be ex is still fighting to get this as part of the divorce. She already has the 9mm, the .380 & the .32 revolver. If I have to give it up its going to be chop sawed into several pieces.
]

Just fill the barrel with welds :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 am 
WB Videographer

dunebuggynut wrote:
I have a cute little Rossi .357 2" barrel that fits in the palm of your hand. Hollow points make big holes coming from this baby. My soon to be ex is still fighting to get this as part of the divorce. She already has the 9mm, the .380 & the .32 revolver. If I have to give it up its going to be chop sawed into several pieces

That 357 is your gun, but I like thisun.Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

Last edited by Maddog on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 am 

nitro_mudder wrote:
Just fill the barrel with welds :mrgreen:

I thought about that but it just doesnt have the visual impact of taking 3 separate pieces out of 3 different pockets & handing them to her 1 at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 am 

Maddog wrote:
That 357 is your gun, but I like thisun.

Whats the need for a scope? Mine kicks so hard that aiming is a guesstimate at best. Its the noise & the muzzle flash that would make a criminal piss his pants. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You switched pics on me. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:43 am 

If I was you Plumberbill I would shoot as many different brands and calibers that fall into your price range. I like sig saur my self. I would also stay away from 9mm. law enforcement is going away from 9MM because of overpentration. That way you only hit what you are aiming at and not what is behind it. I carry a 40,45 or 380 myself. This all depends on were I am going and how I am dressed. I do not like glocks my self have shot about everyone out there and have not found one that I like the way it shoots. Just my 2 cents
kydecoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 pm 
plumberbill wrote:
because of the the instability of the human race i am going to get my concealed carry permit here in ohio. i have apartments in a bad part of town and i would feel a bit more secure knowing that i would have a chance to come out on top of a bad situation should it occur.
i have been looking at the glock 19 and the glock 26 both are 9mm. the 19 being a compact and the 26 being a sub-compact. gonna go to the range monday and rent both guns to see which is the better fit for me.
are there any gun enthusiast here on woodsbuggy that have an opinion on this subject? although glock is my 1st choice, i am still open to other brands.

I have 5 different glocks and love them all. My favorite is the model 27. It is small for concealed carry. The best thing about a glock is. 8 year ago I pulled out of my driveway in a hurry with a arm load of things. and left my model 22 on the roof of my truck. It stayed there till I came to the 1st turn. I turned right the gun went left into on coming traffic. I seen it hit the road, I stopped and watched a car run over it. It broke the composite frame and busted the clip. Well 7 year later we were doing a job that was with in 5 mile of Glock USA. I thought I would take it there to see if any of it was worth savaging? They looked it over and also said the barrel was warped. The Glock guy said leave it with us and we will see what we can do. They called me 2 days later and said there was many more parts that were no good. The man said we will put you new one on ups today. I thought I misunderstood him. I assumed they would just send me all my junk back. Well I got it and they sent me a brand new one with a letter that said the old one had too many parts that needed replaced. And that they had filed it under their warranty department. They said they could not replace the broken clip. But I got a new model 22 for my junk. So I will always only buy Glocks. My next on is going to be a 357sig, glock. Look it to the model 22 you would like it with more knock down power.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:05 pm 
WB Contributor

Baddvw wrote:
I have a Para PDA .45 ACP and it looks like this....Image it is an awesome little gun, but a little pricey though, the gun holds 7+1, not bad for a small .45 cal gun.

I am also looking to buy this...Image this little bad boy can hold 12+1 rounds of .380 cal and you can buy a clip to put on it and put it in your pocket and it looks like you're carrying a pocket knife and can't even tell that it is a gun at all.

my brother and i both carry that small 380 it fits real nice in your pocket and is fun to shoot! perfect little gun for light and concealed imop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:35 pm 

just go it yesterday decent gun for the money but i would have to say i would want some then smaller to carry. found a cple nice 38's that will fit in your pocket...if you carry it for self protection thats all you need... when something happens your usually going to be right beside them. so you dont really need a big gun im sure that not to many ppl will keep coming at you with a cple 38 bullets in them...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 pm 

I have a 40 cal taurus 24/7. And several others but that is the one I keep on me. My next purchase will be a stub nose smith & wesson hammerless revolver. They are a nice little gun and will fit right in your pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:18 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

as soon as osamabama announced he was running for president i went and redid my cwp.if you have the money get yourself a kimber 45 they are very light weight and are designed with low sights and you can put it right in your pocket and get it out quick without catching on anything.unless you wear designer jeans or something but im kinda a fat ass so i have big pockets.lol.but on my buggy i carry a double barrell 45 and i load it with 410 double00 buckshot,this is why i like the 45.you talk about a snake buster just have to get close and its dead with that buck shot.and if you have to shoot someone they cant trace it back to your gun :shock: if i go out to the clubs or bars that little 45 is always in my pocket.i dont care to throw down with the best of them but these little punk ass bastards growing up now dont think that way they will stab you or shoot you before they will fight you.i would like to see every american citizen have a cwp that would put a stop to alot of victims of crime crap.and since alot of states have adopted other states cwp carriers can travel alot of places now and your permit is legal.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 am 
BOTM Winner

think i'am gonna check out the mdl. 23 and 27 both are 40 cal. the size of the gun is almost identical to the 9mm. looks like the ammo is a bit more expensive but not by a lot. might try the 45 to see how it feels to. kinda like a kid in a candy store.

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 am 

Its not allways about the caliber size. Stoping powers good but what your really looking for is to break there will to fight. Even the vision on a weapon does that. If you want a gun for your house just get a shotgun. The sound of a pump action shotgun stops anyone in there tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:09 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i like my S&W 5 shot 500 revolver :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 pm 

ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
The sound of a pump action shotgun stops anyone in there tracks.

The most universally intimidating sound in the world.

Last summer I picked up a Kel-Tec P-3AT for $300. I know the round is a little light but I also know a few in law enforcement that carries them both on duty as back up and off duty as cc. The pistol is small, light weight and smooth drawing which is an advantage when I'm riding my bike. The main disadvantage was it took some practice to get used to the DA long trigger pull and the ammo was hard to find inexpensively.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm 
BOTM Winner

well, i ended up with the glock 19 (9mm) i tried the 23 (40cal) but prefer the 9mm for a couple of reasons.
the 9mm has less kick and just feels easier to shoot. both guns were accurate with the 9mm being a little more precise for me. i'm no expert by any means but the ammo that is available today for a 9mm (or any gun) now-a-days is far superior to standard ball ammo that gave the 9mm a bad name for not having good stopping power and passing through to injure innocent bystanders.
just the other day here in cleveland a guy was robbed at gun point getting into his car. they took his money then made him get in and told him to drive to an a.t.m. the guy started to drive then decided to bale out, they shot him in the leg when he bailed. call me crazy but this stuff just seems to happen more and more and it seems to be closer to home then ever before.

- Antonio Meloni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 am 
You did not go wrong. any glock is good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 am 
BOTM Winner

Close to home is an understatement. That Incident happens 5 minutes from were I work. We also frequent the resterant in the Plaza.

plumberbill wrote:
well, i ended up with the glock 19 (9mm) i tried the 23 (40cal) but prefer the 9mm for a couple of reasons.
the 9mm has less kick and just feels easier to shoot. both guns were accurate with the 9mm being a little more precise for me. i'm no expert by any means but the ammo that is available today for a 9mm (or any gun) now-a-days is far superior to standard ball ammo that gave the 9mm a bad name for not having good stopping power and passing through to injure innocent bystanders.
just the other day here in cleveland a guy was robbed at gun point getting into his car. they took his money then made him get in and told him to drive to an a.t.m. the guy started to drive then decided to bale out, they shot him in the leg when he bailed. call me crazy but this stuff just seems to happen more and more and it seems to be closer to home then ever before.

Board index » General » Other Discussion.