It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:17 am 

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here, it's an awesome event, so I'm posting it everywhere I can think.

The Crawl 4 the Cure is an event that's been held at the offroad park in Northern MN every July to raise money for the MS Society. I did the first 2 events with my lifted subarus, but the last 2 years I have not been able to participate since I haven't had a rig. well, I have my Toyota 4Runner running again, so I'll be in it this year.

over the last 4 years, this event has raised $120k for the MS Society, $42k last year alone :shock: Not to mention publicly promoting a positive image of the sport we love.

My mom has been battling MS for about 15 years (thank goodness my dad has great health care!!!), so this is an extremely important cause to me.

IIRC it has been the largest privately-organized event for MS in the nation (or it was the first 2 years anyway....I've been a bit out of the loop).

more info here:
www.crawl4cure.org

Well, as a participant, I have to raise some donations. I intend to give some out of my own pocket, but I'd definitely like to raise as much as I can. So if any of you guys would like to donate any amount, let me know. I'll try to check my messages here, but the best way is via email, Numbchux (at) Gmail.com. I have receipts from the MS Society, so donations are fully deductible, and 100% of them will reach the society (event is paid for with a lot of volunteer hours, sponsors, and entry fees). For convenience, I'd be happy to accept paypal donations and add that into my own donation, if anyone would like to do this, I'll pay the fees out of my own pocket to be sure that the full donation makes it to the MS Society.

We're also raffling off a restored Jeep CJ-5. raffle tickets are $10. again, shoot me an email if you're interested in that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:07 pm 
Global moderator

Sounds good,,,thanks for helping 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 pm 

just got back last night. unfortunately my 4runner decided to blow a head gasket a few weeks ago.....so I wasn't driving. but I went anyway, got my raffle tickets (left empty-handed....oh well), and rode around with some friend. still had an awesome time. Part of me is glad I didn't bring my 4runner....as there were some very large rigs up there! I would have been the baby for sure. gotta get a locker before next year.

preliminary count was about $20k raised in donations alone. almost $2k from the silent auction. and about 1200 tickets for the jeep sold ($10 each....yea, you do the math). $35k won't be hard. we'll know for sure in the next week or so.

and yea, #1 3rd-party contributor to the MS Society the last 2 years. and within the top 3 the first 2 years. also, with all 5 years combined (including this year), we'll be the #1 largest cumulative 3rd-party contributor from Minnesota in history!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:02 am 

I wish I could get out there to help but too far away. Thank you for helping the MS socitiy it realy makes a difference. My dad has MS so I also understand how hard it is to deal with.

Board index » General » Other Discussion.