It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:30 pm

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inspired Grilling!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Inspired by KY-BC's (Mike) awesome food on a couple of buggy trips I decided to try to raise my grilling to the next level.

I grilled a huge pork loin last week that turned out very well. I didn't much care for the rub so I have to find some new rubs. Forgot to take any pictures. Turned out very tender.

Last night I tried a Beef tip. Not sure if this would be called a Tri-Tip or not. I have read that these turn out really well on low heat. I need to learn my cuts of meat better. The flavor was awesome but the meat was a little tougher than I wanted.

When Dean came up from down south to D&K Easter weekend he brought a bunch of live crawfish that were really good. Mike did a crawfish boil with some potatoes and onions. They turned out awesome. I had never heard of one of these and started doing some research and found a ton of info on this.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Seafood/CrawfishBoil.htm

So I did a small shrimp boil last night also. Turned out very well except I added too much salt. I'm wanting to do a big one in the near future and have some friends over. Have to find a good propane cooker and stock pot.

I'm gonna try Pork Ribs next and a Boston Butt is on my list to try.

When I was younger I didn't give a damn about eating while camping. Beer and bologna sandwiches were fine with me. The older I get the more I appreciate good food. So if anybody has a favorite camping/grilling recipe post em up please. Always looking for new ideas. :)

Last edited by Bad Influence on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Inspired Grilling!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

man that looks awsome,and i agree mike is the man at camp food.i have dreamed about that tenderloin that he had at d&k,lol.but i got a few camp food meals,so i will cook some up and take some photo's.now i need to go eat after seeing that.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:55 pm 
WB Contributor

We lived for 17 yrs in Louisiana.......When they cook crawfish, they mostly did it in a honking big pot over a fire outside. Besides the crawfish and seasonings, they put in onions, peppers, corn-on-the-cob, potatoes, and good 'ol Louisiana Hot Sauce. It was always "fit to eat"! (A term people in Louisiana use to mean it tastes realllly good!) When I was in Maine for a year, I bought a bunch of live Lobsters but the only way they seemed to want to cook them was to steam them......I tried that and it was fairly bland......Soooooo, I got me some Zatarain's Crab Boil, and I already had me some Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning (which I put on everything, including scrambled eggs) and some Louisiana Hot Sauce, corn, potatoes, onions and peppers, and then I commenced to cooking. 'Bout the time it was ready, the neighbors came over to ask what that awesome smell was.........My "then" husband told them that I was throwing a Coon-Ass boil on some lobsters......They were amazing...... I decided right then that any kind of shell fish I cooked would get the same treatment.... It's easy to do and you can do it just as easy over a campfire as you can on the stove.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:47 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

those pics make my mouth water :D wish i could cook like that :oops:

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:06 am 
Site Admin

If its as good as Mikes, I'll take 2 to go!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 am 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

DVS1 wrote:
If its as good as Mikes, I'll take 2 to go!

I'm not there yet. :) don't know if i'll make it lol. Mike fixed some ribs the first night of the wellsville trip and by far the best I had ever eaten. We have a local bbq shack that doesn't fix em that good.

How did the pig turn out sat night? It looked like it would be awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

The Pig was most excellant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Odyknuck wrote:
The Pig was most excellant.
i would have to second that most excellent yes indeedy!!.chad :mrgreen:

Board index » General » Other Discussion.