It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: buggy vs. rzr
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:27 pm 

I went riding 2 wkds ago by myself to test and tune my front sus. It was greasy and two guy guys in rzrs want to ride with me. About 10 min into ride they told me they couldn't hang with buggies . I've never seen a rzr in action just some horrible rolls . Now after reading about the new 1000 rzr for 20 grand I'm wondering if they are really what they are cracked up to be ? Maybe they are I. Don't know but I. Would take my buggy over rzr anyday . There sure seems to be a lot of them out there.

Post subject: Re: buggy vs. rzr
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:35 pm 

What are some thoughts and opinions on them just curious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 pm 
WB Contributor

Ive had both, I love the rzr xp900, but I have to say the buggy felt safer. The cage is not strong enough like my buggy was. Center of gravity is higher too. I walked up some hills that buggys rolled down but I wont do it again. I love the reliability of the rzr and miss the power of the suby engine on my buggy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:59 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I have an xp 900 also and I don't like it near as much as my buggy. The rzr feels way to top heavy to me. I've climbed some really stupid stuff with the rzr but for comfort and performance my buggy rides way better than the rzr. I'm a pretty big guy and the rzr is not big guy friendly at all. Wife loves to drive the rzr cause it's an automatic and can ease through mud in 4wd but if not for her I'd never spent the money on one. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:16 am 
WB Contributor

If Weedle, and CB, and a few others would marry up and leave out the Chinese cheese, a buggy company could be formed. A 3.0 a/c with a Rhino trans. Is it possible? No. Us Rednecks ain't got no money and have no credit. We must re fab our broken parts. SO. I guess it's back to the incredibly inexpensive fwd turnt longways.lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 pm 
BOTM Winner

I also have both a Buggy and a long travel Can Am Commnader SxS. Actually I now have two SxSs as I picked up a new Arctic Cat Wildcat X this past Saterday. Now my wife and I can both drive a machine as she getts tired of the passenger routine. For Wellsville the Buggy is the best way to go. My Commander tends to give me that falling over sensation. Probably because it is lol. Now the Wildcat on the other hand is as about as close a SxS will get to a buggy. It sits much lower to the ground and 18" of suspension certainly helps. It stays planted like a buggy and that I like. The jurys still out on the FOX shocks that came on it as they are valved on the stiff side. So if your in the market for a SxS and would be coming from a Buggy than look at the Wildcat X.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:09 pm 

It's to bad that artic cat don't have the walker evens shocks. I think you would love those shocks Ody.

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:32 pm 

Not lookin to buy one. Just wondering how they compare from those of you who have them . They seem prettty pricy. Thanks for the replies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 pm 
BOTM Winner

Psycho Alpha wrote:
It's to bad that artic cat don't have the walker evens shocks. I think you would love those shocks Ody.

Yea I am looking at a set of takes offs for sale. The guy still wants a G note for them. hate to drop another 1000 into a brand new machine and find out It was a bad decision. The problem I see with Arctic is they buy the down and dirty shocks with only high speed compression adjusters. At least Can am gives the Hi/Lo compression and rebounds adjust.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm 

I payed around $600 for my 4 Walker Evens.

That is the one compliant about them, the lack of adjustment

I haven't drove one with the Fox shocks but I don't think they would be better seeing how Polaris took walker evens away from Arctic Cat!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:20 pm 
WB Contributor

2800passat wrote:
If Weedle, and CB, and a few others would marry up and leave out the Chinese cheese, a buggy company could be formed. A 3.0 a/c with a Rhino trans. Is it possible? No. Us Rednecks ain't got no money and have no credit. We must re fab our broken parts. SO. I guess it's back to the incredibly inexpensive fwd turnt longways.lol

Laugh out loud , but I have not yet broke a trans, clutch , starter, flywheel ,joint...Anybody ready for Biscuit Mtn. in Al? I'll take jokes now. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 pm 
BOTM Winner

2800passat wrote:
2800passat wrote:

Laugh out loud , but I have not yet broke a trans, clutch , starter, flywheel ,joint...Anybody ready for Biscuit Mtn. in Al? I'll take jokes now. 8)

You just crack yourself up! :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 pm 
Master fabricator

2800passat wrote:
2800passat wrote:

The joke is in the mirror

G
A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 pm 
WB Contributor

Uh... What we have heah, is failure to communicate.... Some men you just can not reach..... So.. We get what we had here last week... Which , is the way he wants it.... Well He gets it.. Now.. I don't like this any mowa than you men.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
WB Contributor

Why don't we cease and work together? I have 2 bad a$$ a/c ,a baby chain w/c, and the fwd passat. All are awesome! They are all dangerous and reliable. I am here to help po fokes get some cheap reliable Horsepower.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:10 am 
Master fabricator

2800passat wrote:
I'll take jokes now. 8)

Be careful what you ask for then
2800passat wrote:
Why don't we cease and work together? I have 2 bad a$$ a/c ,a baby chain w/c, and the fwd passat. All are awesome! They are all dangerous and reliable. I am here to help po fokes get some cheap reliable Horsepower.

You want to work together, OK, cool. But first you need to do something. When the topic is widgets, and you have nothing to offer to the topic of widgets, leave it alone. Leave your ramblings to your self, I'm sure they sound funny in your head but they loose something in the translation.
I have a pretty bad ass water cooled buggy myself. You don't see me force feeding folks on my particular ways and means to have a bad ass water cooled buggy, most I talk to are tired of it. You have some pretty cool ideas on baby chains. When the subject is brought up, do your thing, have at it, boast and brag away. But when a newbie asks a clutch question, answer the mans question,if you can't, leave it for someone else. You will note I don't answer any questions on VW motors and not a bunch on VW transmissions, because I know nothing about them. Ask a question on Subaru, I can help out there. Ask a question on chassis and suspension, I'm all over it, that's what I do.
We can get along, you just need to stay on topic. And if Jack and Jim are writing for you, just step away from the keyboard.

G
A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:31 am 
WB Contributor

Ain't mad are ya? If there is anything I write that you don't like, click to the next guy. But I enjoy your feedback. I'll try not to infiltrate a subject. Going by the numbers a lot of people read my gab. I must be making some think or laugh or even log on this great site. At this moment, some even like to hear us gab. Now back to our regular programing. RZR vs. Buggy. Have a great day!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am 

One thing I did see was a SXS off trail when a small log came through the plastic inner fender and stop a couple inches from the guys stones :shock: I know you can be impaled riding through the woods in a buggy too but I still think a well built buggy is safer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:55 am 

buggy vs rzr :?: I have both and the only thing comparable is they are both off road vehicles and lots of fun..my rzr does thing i would never do in my buggy and my buggy does thing i would never do in my rzr..
First choice when going to the woods buggy hand down..On cold rainy days rzr 90% enclosed cab with heat 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 pm 

Ok I going to bring this back from the dead. It's been a few years and things have changed.

Ok I have a ecotec buggy I really feel good in it. Most the time I just trail ride and take my kids with me. But sometimes I do hit some hills. I also do some dirt/mud drags. Ride most at DTOR, rush and hit wildcat a few times.

I have been thinking of sell out to get a wildcat I like the way they look plus I don't see them broke as must but I also don't see as many as them. Lol. I hit a hill I feel like I'm having to get in it more then a rzr before me. I do have boggers that will be cut soon so I'm sure that will help with that.

Guess I'm looking for someone with both our had both. To say do they hold up like a buggy. How do they feel on a hill to a buggy. My biggest fear is get in a ball shaped rzr and rolling down the hill like one. How does have less power but 4x4 compare to ecotec power 2x4.

Thanks for input

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:22 pm 

6 of one... Half dozen of the other.

Buggies and sxs are both amazing at some things and not at others.

A couple of my buddies run sxs's now and love them. I question what the parts will cost for them when they get older. They are redesigning them almost every year which will eventually prove to be a parts Dept nightmare.

Only time will tell on that one.

For any crazy side hill off camber situation I choose my buggy.

Rainy day at haspin and I will park my rig and ride in the sxs's they keep the slop off you way better.

I am with ody. I will probably have a sxs sooner or later, but each will have a time and a purpose. I live 1 hr from the badlands and they have some long standing hatred of vw style buggies and don't let them in. I want a sxs or 4x4 just so i can go to a park an hour away on a Saturday instead of 3.5 hours away and committing a whole weekend every time I want to play.

Board index » General » Other Discussion.