It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:03 pm 
WB Contributor

Looks like I will find out on Wednesday if I will have surgery on my right shoulders rotator cuff. Has any one had to deal with this surgery before? How long is recovery and getting back to normal?

The wild kids
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:23 pm 

i've had two, and both were on my right shoulder. the best words of advice I could give anyone on those is FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS!. it sucks if you're an active person, but if the doc and physical therapist say you have to keep it in a sling and immobilized for 8 weeks, then do it. I had a full-thickness tear, separation, and bone spurs before my first surgery and had to get 5 anchors put in to tie it up when it was scoped. I was the dummy that was weed-eating 5 days post-op and back lifting weights after a month, and it never fully recovered. hope that helps. i'm also a medic, so if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:39 pm 
WB Contributor

Thanks, I've been going to PT for the past three weeks and the Therapist told me not to come back because he thinks it might be getting worse. I see the doctor on Wednesday and go from there. I can't take shots as Im allergic to it. Im very active and always into something. I have to, well im supposed to be wearing a sling now, but hardly ever do.
Just tired of the annoying ache and loss of strength and cordination I am experiencing.

Thanks dbeard

Flipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:50 am 
WB Contributor

Never had that issue but had other stuff. But I do know this. A young healthy guy with darn good insurance! The doctors will run with that and trump up all kinds of surgeries to do to you. GET A 2nd OPINION! It's imperative! I did not need gal bladder surgery last year and I nearly died 3 times during the botched up surgery. Today I must go #2 three to six times before leaving the house in the A.M. These hospitals that are not doing to well financially, are waiting up in the trees like hawks waiting for that young (young man won't die on them as easy) rodent trying to cross the field. And second...A lawyer called me back and said, David you can not sue a doctor these days, but legally you CAN sue one for not giving you the care you should have had, BUT to do that, you must get another doctor to testify against him and that is not going to happen... And watch out for these class action lawsuits (where people get together collectively and send in money that they will never hear back from) because they are just a bunch of starving lawyers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:07 pm 
WB Contributor

I know what you mean about wanting to keep cutting on you. Since 1994 I have had 7th back surgery. I have rods screws and plates holding me together in several places. Trying to keep from having surgery on my shoulder now.
I hate going to the doctors but glad others do because the wife works in surgery so its her lively hood. But I would rather tough it out instead of going to the damn doctors. Unfortunately I have to go Wednesday to see what's next on my shoulder.

Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:36 pm 

I went for mine about 10 yrs. ago. After rehab it was better than it ever was. Only had 3 10mm incissions and had 2 anchors to put me back together. Had to do the sling thing for six weeks and therapy 3x a week for the next six weeks. Just remember to follow the Drs orders and follow the therapists exercise regement and you'll be good to go. By Thanksgiving, LOL. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:10 am 
WB Contributor

I go this coming Friday for another MRI on my shoulder. Do says now that it is probably torn now after I picked up the battery out of my truck to charge it. This sucks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:16 am 

That sucks, I haul cars and use a tie bar everyday. Mine acted up last year and hurt. Theropy helped but, started back this week. Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:22 am 
WB Contributor

Great news today, no surgery on my shoulder. It isn't torn, just major inflamed. Im allergic to the medicine that they normally give. So he wants me todo3weeks of Physical Therapy on it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 am 
Master fabricator

That's great news. Getting cut on is a bad option to fix something so I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm looking at the possibility for surgery on my right hand to fix damage from a car accident last November. I have exhausted every possible option not to have my hand carved on but it looks like I'm running out of options. 5 more weeks and I'll know for sure.

G
A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 am 
WB Contributor

MadMike wrote:
That's great news. Getting cut on is a bad option to fix something so I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm looking at the possibility for surgery on my right hand to fix damage from a car accident last November. I have exhausted every possible option not to have my hand carved on but it looks like I'm running out of options. 5 more weeks and I'll know for sure.

Mad mike, I sure hope your hand gets better. It's a pain having your hand out of commission. Wish you the best man.

Board index » General » Other Discussion.