It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 pm 

Ok. I might be a little uptight about this and obviously spoiled by some really good online retailers but I gotta say I'm losing patience with a place I ordered parts from. I prolly shouldn't say who because they haven't really done anything wrong yet, as a matter of fact they haven't done anything!
I ordered about half a dozen driveline parts last thursday online. I promptly recieved a computer generated email acknowledging it. Then nothing. I waited till yesterday, Monday, incase it was just an end of the week thing but still no shipment notification. So I emailed them. No response. Today I checked to see my order on their website and noticed they have a chat window to send messages so I asked again. My thinking is maybe something is on backorder? But still no response.
Am I too used to places like amazon where you get constant updates about your order's status and ships usually within two days? Is that too high of an expectation? Because I got a delicate timeline going here and if I'm going to be waiting awhile I need to move on to another project. I also ordered from here rather than waiting for the California shipping hell/purgatory.
I'm about to call which prolly most people would've done already, I'm sure, I just don't know if I'm being too impatient. lol

BTW if the govt decides to start charging sale tax on the internet I think I might move to Australia.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm 
Master fabricator

Sounds like Appletree's BS.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

MadMike wrote:
Sounds like Appletree's BS.

Scarey when they tell me most of their business is online. How do they keep getting business? Maybe I should order from MooreParts or Mid America next time. The dollar or two more I pay for everything might even out when you consider time wasted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Master fabricator

How did I know it was them???? Been there, done that. You are the unwitting victim of the vacuum surrounding Appletree Automotive. If a part is not on stock the will never tell you, they will process the order and that's it. On the very rare occurrence when I had to deal with them, I inquired about the price and availability of the part. If the part was in stock, according to their computer I made them physically go to the shelf and verify the part was indeed there. If the part wasn't there I insisted it was dropped shipped to me from the suppler, which seemed to piss them off but they need to understand it's far better to be pissed off than pissed on.
If you don't call them they will never know what their doing is messed up and you don't like it. Let them know you will never deal with them again.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 pm 

Incompetence has become an accepted norm in a lot a today's businesses and it sounds like another example has been exposed.It's funny you mentioned Amazon and the internet sales tax because when Connecticut passed an interenet sales tax under the premise that it was going to protect the "brick and mortar" businesses Amazon pulled out of Connecticut. Amaon now supports the current internet sales tax bill because they figured out what they lost in ad revenue. The good news is it is rumored to stall so you won't have to move.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:15 pm 

The parts were back ordered, but miraculously they came in today. lol I have to say when I visit them in person I really like their service, I just think they're half assing their internet service that they brag so much about. Seems they need more help too. I like the website too...

As for the internet tax thingy, I do believe everything evens out on it's own. Not to mention, a lot of the internet business I do is with establishments based out of brick and mortar businesses. If you're not paying tax you're paying shipping. Why make people pay both and screw the consumer some more. If brick and mortars who don't want to get involved in the internet biz go under that's their choice. Right? Capitolism. I love it. Why? Because I benefit.(stepping off soapbox)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:41 pm 
WB Contributor

Moore Parts have been really good to me and I always ask them to check stock. I have also had good luck with McKensies although both are in California but if you order by Thursday you will receive the parts by Wednesday the following week.

I have never ordered from Apple tree. I have also heard favorable feed back on Pacific Customs as well. Sundance Bug & Buggy in Plant City Florida also ships and I know them personally they are very good people. Fischer Buggies is also a good source but Also in Tampa, Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 pm 

sounds like appletree to me....I've had a few encounters with them where I ended up pissed off. And like mentioned above, you'll never know whether or not the part ordered is actually in stock when you order online. Had this happen to me when I ordered my Scat shifter....Took a few weeks to get it cause they were out of stock. They sure didn't have any problem processing order, even when they didn't even have the part in stock...I guess it's hit or miss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It really depends on what you are ordering. NONE of the parts retailers keep everything in stock. They all post a bunch of products on their website that they do not stock. They place an order with the manufacturer after place your order. That is why it will take 3-5 days before they can ship your product.

Your best bet is to call them to place your order and ask if they have it in stock. I have worked with Dan at Dans Performance Parts and Tim Deaton at Southern Buggies. Both of them will tell you what they stock and what will take a few days to ship.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
I have to say it again $uck it appletree !
I erased the owners name in my head cause he talked all this gibberish last year to sponsor the hillclimbs and did nothing of any sort when it came time .
Support the ones that support you !!!!!!!
It's funny la products donated last year and mdidnt even care about the site they said as long as it goes to the ones that ride buggys thats all that matters ... 8)
Oh and $uck appletree !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 pm 
WB Contributor

Suck it appletree? Good luck with that there to busy suckin EMPI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm 

Well about a month ago I order spring loaded pushrod tubes from
Cip1. Com it only took a little over two weeks to get them when
I check the shipping number they couldn't tell me anything

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 pm 

I hate to say it but I have pretty good luck on eBay. Appletree held an order I had with them for 5 weeks about a month ago I finally got the parts. I'd rather not use them anymore. Pacific Customs, Moore Parts, Dan's Performance, and others have been pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 pm 

I ordered some parts from apple tree and they sent me an email a week later I called up trying to find my parts and they were on back order and they didn't even let me know until I complained for 2 days

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 pm 

Pacific customs have been great to me both times I've ordered they've had my parts within a week an that's from Cali to ohio!

Board index » General » Other Discussion.