It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 pm 

Did you know that if you get a $25 ticket for parking after court cost will be $199.95. I went to Morristown area on July 4Th to pick up a split window shell, to work on. On my way back, I was on I 75 North, Doing 55mph. I always am careful and stay in slow lane when pulling a load. I passed a trooper giving a ticket to someone else. I was driving slow and it was around a curve on 75 so I saw them late. The trooper pulled me over for not getting over for stopped vehicle. I didn't know it was a law, Ky has a stay right unless passing thing so I stayed in right. She said I could pay by mail. I been calling since and finally a day before my court date I'm told it is a $100 fine. That's hard enough to swallow, but they told me I had to pay court cost of $199 even if I wasn't going to come to court. So Windrock goers beware. That is a speed trap like operation if I ever heard of it. Sorry, but I had to vent somewhere. No wonder Tenn. has no state tax. No need they'll just rob any one on the road.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm 
WB Videographer

Ky has the same law, it was enacted June 24, 2003.
If you went to court, you might beat it if it was to dangerous to change lanes, with a loaded trailer.
Any other officer probably wouldn't have ticketed you, if they had experience pulling a loaded trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm 

I know now, ignorance of law is no excuse, and I'm not complaining about ticket. It's my fault, i didn't know. I just don't understand that, if I mail in my fine, uncontested that I have to pay court cost of double the fine. That was an expensive trip, I just dread going back, I travel to Sevierville two times a year as Maddog knows. As well as my cancer dr in UT. I never worried about anything before now. I never had a ticket in my life. and the first one is $300 for something I honestly didn't realize. Ky lets you pay by mail and no court cost. I have some great friends in Tn and would never put any on down but judicial system may need fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 pm 
WB Contributor

Don't ever go to court to beat anything. They will humiliate you and say"look at the aresting officer in the face,Are you calling him a liar?" They will let you have 1 sentence. Bring a lawyer and you may get 2.5 .But you will loose.If they let someone win, it will send a mesage to others to go and try to win. Give it up! If you ever get bored, pack a cooler and go down to the traffic court.It is fun to watch people get slammed.I was the ONLY 1 out of 50 to win, only becase the officer did not show up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Indiana has the same law but there are signs to that effect posted every so often.

Turbo VW Sand Racer
Polaris Ranger

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"

Davis Motorsports FaceBook Page

Board index » General » Other Discussion.