It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 am 

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago,
you would have $49.00 today! If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG, you would have $33.00. If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.00.
Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.
It is called the 401-Keg Plan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 pm 
Master fabricator

What that really means is if your too poor to invest in the market, like me, your actually getting richer. I lost nothing in the market while almost everyone else lost almost everything, so in a round about way I'm richer, or at least smarter 8). I'm laughing all the way to the poor house and save your gold and save your ammo, both will be the new post Obama currency.

G
A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:47 pm 

thats a great way to look at it mike your right invest nothing in stocks loose nothing in stocks :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 pm 
WB Contributor

HEY. I'M TELLING YALL, I'M TELLING YALL WITH MY EYES ROLLING BACK IN MY HEAD!Most people have 1/4-1/5 of the minimum retirement they need to live on.Don't blame anybody or g'vmt while you are out buying your heads and carbs.Put a dollar in today and in 40 years it may be $25.I lost $27k in 07 but you gotta take the hit and keep going but learn from it.Here is a good idea. As you get into your 50's make an offer to your son to buy your kingdom in payments for a fair price or get a reverse mortgage while they buy you out while you are dying out.Here is what I am doing now.I am renting the bedrooms out in my old house that is paid for , for 125 each per week.I borrowed money against the old house for my new one while the old men in it are actually making the house payments on the new one, plus counting off expenditures on my taxes.I read up on what a 401 k (Roth) is and they take out taxes before your money goes in but that is fine. Then your company may or may not match you $1 per $1 or $1 per $2 or so on.BUT if you don't work til your expected retirement age , say 59, they can keep all of THIER "matching and making "funds.SO I guess your company can poop in your mouth knowing that you have to keep going.If you don't like it they can look over your shoulder at someone realing to take your place.It's ugly out there . You are not going to win a game unless you have the ball in your hand so you better get smart and quit being passive.Dad? Why can't I go to college? Because son , the price of dual carbs and superflow heads was thru the roof 15 years ago.And don't always invest in gold. Why are they always advertising to you to buy it and at the same time they are telling you the prices are going to go up.Why don't they just keep it? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm 
WB Contributor

I told my son the other day. Austin 22 now. That my generation screwed his over.The wrecked economy , no jobs and open gates to all foriegners, and we were out populated because we had only .7 children .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm 
WB Videographer

My dad always said put your money in the land bank, and I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 am 

Its on sell buy now!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 am 

I have to agree on the 401 keg plan. Taking the 1000.. you spent on stocks, that is now only worth 33.00. The recovery to your investment will be considerably slower than the speed at which it disappeared. The intrest you make on 33.00, is nowhere close to the intrest your receive on 1000.00, hence, you will probably die before before you recover. I say, buy the carbs. and heads. At least you will have something to show for your hard earned money, and be stimulating the economy at the same time.Damned shame it will be Chinas economy, not ours????? :| :| :|

Board index » General » Other Discussion.