It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:05 pm 

Baddvw wrote:
You can if you have incentives, rebates and a $11,000 trade-in, let's see......sticker....$55,500, incentives from the company I work for......$4500, rebates.......$3005 with ally financing, gm card loyalty points...$3500, trade-in.....$11,000, grand total......$22,005. Sticker....$55,500 minus $22,005 equals $33,495 plus tax at 7% ($2344.65) equals.....$35839.65 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

must be nice lol.... wish i could get that kind of deal :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 pm 

To the original post, the bill is for government run agencies like public works, etc... Not private unions, pipefitters, capenters, iron workers...

With all said I'm a proud scab :D And I've got as much skill as any union worker in my trade!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 pm 
BOTM Winner

A. Cole wrote:
To the original post, the bill is for government run agencies like public works, etc... Not private unions, pipefitters, capenters, iron workers...

With all said I'm a proud scab :D And I've got as much skill as any union worker in my trade!

I agree with you on the public union part on where the bill is going, but it will affect private union workers in a way to where the company will have more leverage against us at the bargaining table because of the example the state is setting. As far as being a scab, I know somebody's gotta make a living, the only way I can see a bad one is a fellow union brother crossing the picket line during a strike doing the same work he did before the strike and that to me is a scab :evil: :evil: A scab like you does not make me have beef with you at all, I know a few buddies that does scab work, but if a buddy took my job from me, things will be different :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Baddvw wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:
A fully loaded dually goes for what my 4 bedroom 3 car garage house cost me, but is worth less every year.

It must be nice finding a 4 bedroom, 3 car house for $36000, they run around $130k-$150k around here.

Thought it was new truck, or are they really down to the price of a cargo van now? Ok just went through the GMC build your truck page. What I want would come to 51K. Still better then what I thought it would be, and still more then I can pay :mrgreen: And my house did cost more then that, but less then a new escalade. Gotta love foreclosuers, and I'm sure thats spelled wrong :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 pm 
BOTM Winner

nitro_mudder wrote:
Baddvw wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:
A fully loaded dually goes for what my 4 bedroom 3 car garage house cost me, but is worth less every year.

It must be nice finding a 4 bedroom, 3 car house for $36000, they run around $130k-$150k around here.

Thought it was new truck....it is a new truck Gotta love foreclosuers, and I'm sure thats spelled wrong (it is spelled wrong...lol) :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:57 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Baddvw wrote:
A. Cole wrote:

I agree with you on the public union part on where the bill is going, but it will affect private union workers in a way to where the company will have more leverage against us at the bargaining table because of the example the state is setting. As far as being a scab, I know somebody's gotta make a living, the only way I can see a bad one is a fellow union brother crossing the picket line during a strike doing the same work he did before the strike and that to me is a scab :evil: :evil: A scab like you does not make me have beef with you at all, I know a few buddies that does scab work, but if a buddy took my job from me, things will be different :twisted: :twisted:

LMAO, if you are on strike you left your job, it was not taken. At that point the company needs work done and the "scabs" need to eat. You don't want a non-union guy doing the job the company hired you to do (not YOUR job) then keep working, lol.

And back to your truck chad, when I compared it to my house I was talking sticker price not discounts and your old truck. Hell I got my house for 12k if you subtract what I sold my last one for. I am hopefully getting my next one for free after I save the money to pay cash. I assume you count what the loan was as what it cost, right?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Sorry about the spelling, I tend to sound out the words :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm 

A. Cole wrote:

I totally agree 100%.. I know plenty of ppl with alot more skill then union workers...I also know alot more that are completely worthless and clueless!! I do see it both ways!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:10 am 
BOTM Winner

I do believe any non-union worker that got offered a union book they would except it.I fight with these ppl enough at work so im not going to fight with buggy buddys on here i leave my work at work so lets ride....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 am 
BOTM Winner

10-4 well said Pipedope, what happens at work stays at work, buggy ride stories stays in the woods 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:22 am 

the union sure aint what it used to be im in pa and was a scab (pointer painter (cocker)) the union here is over paid lazy guys that dont know anything been there done that i know several people who the union has screwed like i said the union aint what it used to be

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:45 am 
WB Contributor

I have 30 years of putting jets in the sky. I know the system inside and out and I see people getting shafted. I stand up and say this and that ain't rite. You will not $hit in our mouth.They look over my shoulder while I am talking and see an up and coming young healthy youngon ready to put tracks up our back figuratively saying screw all of yall and the familys yall got, I'm taking your job for less.Guys, it's HARD doing what God says but you catch me on a bad day ! I despise a @# wimp that can't do anything else on the planet but pimp , backstab and cut throat and try to justify what they do by saying we are lazy or don't know what we are doing.Watch out, these people down here will slide any manhole cover back.....I'm a little prettier than a few men but I will NOT go behind his back and hit on his wife or jepardize his living that he has carved out.And dying ain't much of a livin.Maybe I am more of a man than some pukes.See ya at Choccollocco.

Last edited by passat2800 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:22 am 
WB Contributor

And when you say union people are lazy. No they have been worked down like borrowed mules and the people they made rich are the share holders. I have flown low level down and up the coast of Florida and for 6 hours down and 6 hours up and it is hundreds of thousands of million dollar homes. Now stop screwin your brother.He is not your enemy!Why does an Alabama man have to tell Yanks to quit screwin Yanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 am 
WB Contributor

Look at it this way. You are a mule. You have plowed the fields for 15 years and put food on the tables of 100 families. Now they want to shoot ya instead of feed ya.Young mule thinks he can beat ya out only to find out in the year 2024 that , that ol mule was rite, now the mule of 2024 wants my space.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:37 am 
WB Contributor

And yall are right about 1 thing . The union ain't what it used to be. You can go to the boss with Jesus on one side and a union representative on the other and you may win. But guess what. The next promotion will go to their dog if they want it to.The very people you help, that just look at their shoes, take your spot and it sets an example to EVERYONE not to even look up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:39 am 

BobbyCupps wrote:
Baddvw wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:

you cant get a fully loaded dually or any new truck around here for $36000 :| them damn things are expensive

Yea and it is because we have our great unions, They are why every thing is so high. fudge unions and the OBAMA people and if you are union you are part of OBAMA.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 am 

passat2800 wrote:
And when you say union people are lazy. No they have been worked down like borrowed mules and the people they made rich are the share holders. I have flown low level down and up the coast of Florida and for 6 hours down and 6 hours up and it is hundreds of thousands of million dollar homes. Now stop screwin your brother.He is not your enemy!Why does an Alabama man have to tell Yanks to quit screwin Yanks!

Its obvious that some just dont understand.. Around my way it doesnt matter how much you know, it's WHO you know... Its with union and without.. I have close buddy that works at EMP its part of Ellwood Group incorporated one of the largest steel forges in the country.. Every time jobs come up They will hire a friend of someone over A higher qualified person.. I also know several equipment operators that got in the same way... Are some union guys over payed yes.. are some lazy yes.. are some non union guys lazy yes.. are some non union over payed yes... Its the whole damn country not just union!! skminutz....lmao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:06 pm 

F!!! you SKminutz!!!!!! I have worked in union and nonunion shops, there is good and bad in both. In all i think if u hurt the unions (which this will do) it WILL HURT the working man, even the ones that think so much of themselves. If this happens the working man will look back and think, we were stupid for letting that happen. we will be shopping at the company store.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:11 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

smitty wrote:
F!!! you SKminutz!!!!!! I have worked in union and nonunion shops, there is good and bad in both. In all i think if u hurt the unions (which this will do) it WILL HURT the working man, even the ones that think so much of themselves. If this happens the working man will look back and think, we were stupid for letting that happen. we will be shopping at the company store.

WOW did not think you could piss smitty off

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:45 pm 

Well it is a fact. the reason trucks cost so much is because of union paying floor sweepers $35.00/ hour, and all the other union worker screw us americans even more. so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm 

so uhhhh why was no one complaining when they made all ohio public schools non prevailing wage? that was my bread and butter....they already started screwing with the unions/or wages based on union pay just not the ones that include public safety.... the only thing i gotta say is maybe the state will be able to streamline themselves with it.... alot of people in the state sector dont care about the quality of work they produce so much as the benefits they get for as little input as possible.... personally state jobs should have the same benefits as the rest of the world...... personally it was better when all the police officers and teachers were in it for bettering their community as opposed than now when so many have become obsessed or decided on their occupation because the amazing benefits instead of bettering their hometown......... dont get me wrong not everyone fits that category... but there was a time when people did those jobs for meaningful reason as opposed to financial reasons... course doctors used to too and look at healthcare...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:53 pm 
BOTM Winner

skminutz wrote:
Yea and it is because we have our great unions, They are why every thing is so high. fudge unions and the OBAMA people and if you are union you are part of OBAMA.

Read the threads back at the beginning, the reason prices is so high is because the high fuel costs and then it makes everything go up like the costs to have food hauled over to stores, have milk hauled to stores, have goods hauled to stores, it costs ALOT to have anything hauled and transported by ships, railroads and trucks and all of them have in common is the diesel fuel usage. Most grocery stores are not union at all, look at Krogers...they are union and their prices are just about the same as Wal-mart prices, sometimes higher, sometimes lower and Wal-mart is not union and un-american, remember the "Buy American made" banners they used to have? Well they got a little too greedy and takes advantage of the non-union workers :evil: :evil: The main reason I think cars and trucks costs so much is because of the retirements the company has to cover and they screwed up just like the government did with our Social Security system. I don't like Obama at ALL, just because I'm a Democratic does not mean I strongly supports the current president, did ALL the Republicans strongly supports George Bush?? I don't think so.

Last edited by Baddvw on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:03 pm 
BOTM Winner

Let's not let this get out of hand guys, I only reason I started this is to see the opinions of the others.....if someone wants to take a jab at this, that's fine, but remember, this is just opinions because they are like a**holes because everybody has one including myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm 

I certainly don't have a problem with union/non-union. We all have to work. I am a non-union worker because that was the job I got. I could have easily went union in the same field, even to this day. I have worked everyday since 2001 when I got hired on. Bottom line is I really don't care! Lets have fun :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I'm a non union electrical apprentice, and I have many friends that are union apprentices or electricians, pipefitters, laborers, etc. etc... I really don't care, I know hard working union guys and I know lazy union guys, I know hard working non union, and lazy non union. What does it really matter? Just because we are non-union electricians, does that make us stupid? F*ck no, I work with some of the smartest guys I have ever met, who gives a damn if they are union or not. Plus, the bill was about state union workers i thought, not private, so i don't really get how they have anythign to do with it. We all go to work for one reason, and that is to make money, I do not care what anyone says, so how you choose to do that is your choice and if someone wants to argue with you to go union or not go union, that is ignorant. It is all just politics. Do your job, leave it, and enjoy everything we all work our asses off for!

Board index » General » Other Discussion.