It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am

Board index » General » Other Discussion.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ohio anti-union bill....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm 
BOTM Winner

This sucks!!! The only way they can get the state some more jobs and tax revenue is to stop the bullsh*t imports from China and bring the jobs back to the states!! Not by robbing the already established working families on the jobs they want to cut, it will be bad, the problem would have not happened if them lazy bums who draws welfare for no reason gets their ass up to find a job and quit taking advantage of the state's programs, it is designed to help people, not paying them by sitting on their asses for no reason!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: If this passes, it will be bad for all the union jobs in the state because it will be on the company's side for leverage when they go to the bargaining table.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 pm 
Master fabricator

And this is a BAD thing? I don't think so. Remember it's the company that keeps the employee going not the employee keeping the company going. That new truck you just bought, what did it cost you? The union is the reason it costs so much. Cant tell me that some schmuck who sweeps the floor in a union shop is worth $25 an hour plus 3 weeks vacation plus 5 sick days plus paid health care plus plus plus. There was a time when the unions where the working man's best friend, now they are a money hole that costs everyone. I don't need a union to negotiate a contract for me and if I don't like what they have to offer, I walk away. I started my own company because in part I was tired of paying union dues just for the right to work. To me a union is just that, pay to work.

G
A

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:35 pm 
BOTM Winner

The union doesn't generate jobs. The work will be there union or not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:18 pm 
BOTM Winner

Well said Mike...I am a USW (United Steelworker) and the way I am looking at this is that I am not going to like the bill if it passes because the already wages that I am at now can come down to $10/hr on the next contract negotiations just to do the same work I do now and the work I do is NOT easy at all, I have to breathe the nasty coke oven emissions risking my life from cancer hazards when working on top of them, work on the equipment to keep them running and it is a very hard job sometimes and yes, I do to sweep the floor in our Maintenance shop is because I take pride in my job and would like to see a nice, clean shop to work in, not some sh*thole to where you can find in a plant employed by illegals for less than nothing, I did not pay an arm and leg for the truck either, I made sure I got the deal I'm looking for and got what I wanted and I don't mind paying for it either, if I did, I would never got it in the first place. The reason the cars cost so much IMO is not to blame on the union wages, it is the company's fault for not managing the money correctly, that's why they are having a hard time trying to cover the baby boomer's retirements. I am not trying to bash anyone, I am just expressing my opinions. If the company brags that they are making millions of dollars a quarter profit, then they should give us a piece of the pie, the coke plant I'm working at is booming fast and they will not hire more people because it is a very efficient plant and can produce thousands of tons of coke in very little time with just 30-35 people on one shift. Sunoco company is all union on the hourly employees and they are making money just fine and still growing fast. Remember.....a happy worker is a productivity worker, a pissed off worker is a saboteur and will not take pride at all just to piss the company off. Remember the Teamsters? They shut the country down before and they can do it again and that is why prices are going up because of the cost of fuel, not their wages and they run the country and it is the government's fault the fuel prices go up because of the dependency on foreign oil, we have our own oil, why not use it? They control the prices and it goes nowhere but in somebody's pockets instead of building new roads and bridges. I used to work at Mill's Pride non-union for 10 years and made pretty decent wages with free benefits, the plant just shut-down last week because of the cheaper cabinets coming from China flooding the market, not the payroll to keep the plant running. I'd say BLAME the government, not the unions. I understand the union does not generate jobs, but the country is built by union men and it will continue to be built by union men. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm 
BOTM Winner

I'm a union worker and damn proud of it......We fight for jobs to go union and when they dont we have to go fix all the scabs screw ups.They built walmart non-union and they had to shut the doors and relocate because the floors fell in,, thats what they get the new 1 was built union and its a damn good building.I work in 4 power houses and 1 of them have non-union workers there and its the dirtiest plant in the U.S. if they see asbestos hanging down they'll crab it real quick and say hide this so we can keep workin.........Dumb asses.The non-union people are scared to do a job safely because if they refuse to do the unsafe job they will get fired,and they get treated like shit and i know from watching them not from what i read its pitiful. Sorry if i offended anybody and i do have non-union friends a lot of them and they would all like to get treated like a human being.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm 
BOTM Winner

pipedope wrote:
I'm a union worker and damn proud of it......We fight for jobs to go union and when they dont we have to go fix all the scabs screw ups.They built walmart non-union and they had to shut the doors and relocate because the floors fell in,, thats what they get the new 1 was built union and its a damn good building.I work in 4 power houses and 1 of them have non-union workers there and its the dirtiest plant in the U.S. if they see asbestos hanging down they'll crab it real quick and say hide this so we can keep workin.........Dumb asses.The non-union people are scared to do a job safely because if they refuse to do the unsafe job they will get fired,and they get treated like shit and i know from watching them not from what i read its pitiful. Sorry if i offended anybody and i do have non-union friends a lot of them and they would all like to get treated like a human being.

I totally agree!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 pm 

Wow pipedope i had no idea your were so hatefull towards non-union . I am non-union and i take alot of pride in what i do. At least i know were i stand in your opinion.

DAREK (THE SCAB)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 pm 

Most people don't understand how much the unions have done for them even if they are non union.
40 hr work week and overtime pay is just two of many.
UA Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 333 and damb proud to be.

Dan

Last edited by Dan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm 
BOTM Winner

Didnt mean to sound like that baja1965 scabs to me is the Mexicans they brought here to build that walmart and tried to build a school that was bid union. I said i have lots and i mean lots of non-union friends and you r 1 of them.Those Mexicans didnt even have green cards there was a big right up about it in our paper.
Sorry for the bad feelings... :oops: :oops:

baja1965 wrote:
Wow pipedope i had no idea your were so hatefull towards non-union . I am non-union and i take alot of pride in what i do. At least i know were i stand in your opinion.

DAREK (THE SCAB)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Personally I lean towards non-union. That being said I do agree with you guys about the union when it comes to skilled labor, mainly construction. But the cleaning crew in a large auto factory getting $30 an hour and killer bennifits?????? Better money then I made as a project manager for an engineering group with two degrees. Ya, I see how that is justified, lol. My point is, in some cases union is needed or at least benificial for safty and proper traing, such as plumbers and electricians, not that there are not non-union guys just as qualified in some cases. But my best friend works for one of the big 3 and I see what those guys get for what they do and it reminds me why I buy 3 to 5 yr old cars. A fully loaded dually goes for what my 4 bedroom 3 car garage house cost me, but is worth less every year. Is a damn nice truck though, lol. But I will still always buy American made when I have a choice, just like in my buggies :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:12 am 

There 2 kinds of unions public and private. Your public are the city workers and the teachers. You pay them out of your tax money. So when they go on strike its againt you and me raising your taxes. Private on the other hand is the strongest will serive. with that said do you know that all public building have to be on made on union scale. Your tax dollars again. So dump the union stuff for anything the tax payer pays for and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:49 am 
BOTM Winner

My wifes a union state worker she pays taxes i pay taxes and she gets paid,I build schools and rebuild boilers so ppl can learn and have electric they pay me and i pay an electric bill. Dont need to bring up paying taxes were going to pay them till we die and if they dont pay skilled labor than they'll spend more money over seas where them ppl dont even want us their.Just my opinion.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:55 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
i heard the wall mart off of 480 was built on a land fill and the gases were going into the building so they mowed out of that brand new building !!!!!!!!! i fucking hate walmart and i mean hate !!!!
go into walmart and look for a true smile on a employees face ( good luck ) then go to giant eagle and do the same thing ! you get what ya pay for !!!! plus they have more then one line open ! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:11 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
i support the union 100 percent and im not union !!!! reason is in my trade they dont have work to keep me going so im the scab but trust me if they did have the work i would be on in a heart beat ! i have personally expeirenced the power of the union , i have been a carpenter for 13 years and was on three union bid jobs that my company won and the union would show up and block us from getting in untill the police would show ! the worst i saw was a school we were sent to we showed up and there was car windows being broke out and the parked trucks and car all had flat tires ! we just passed that job up and headed home !
if the union ever picks up in the future in my trade i would go back in a heartbeat but for now im a scab :oops: :oops: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am 

[*] * Report this post

Re: Ohio anti-union bill....

New postby pipedope » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 am
My wifes a union state worker she pays taxes i pay taxes and she gets paid,I build schools and rebuild boilers so ppl can learn and have electric they pay me and i pay an electric bill. Dont need to bring up paying taxes were going to pay them till we die and if they dont pay skilled labor than they'll spend more money over seas where them ppl dont even want us their.Just my opinion

But if or when she goes on strike. she strikes againt the tax payer. if uaw strikes there striking againt the owners which raise the price of the auto you buy. Your state works can only raise the taxes to over come wages. which as a tax payer i have a choice on the auto i drive. i do not have the choice with the public worker. Public workers are the only ones who do not make or build anything that generates the all mighty dollar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:32 am 

pipedope wrote:
Didnt mean to sound like that baja1965 scabs to me is the Mexicans they brought here to build that walmart and tried to build a school that was bid union. I said i have lots and i mean lots of non-union friends and you r 1 of them.Those Mexicans didnt even have green cards there was a big right up about it in our paper.
Sorry for the bad feelings... :oops: :oops:

baja1965 wrote:

DAREK (THE SCAB)

You guys all work hard and pay your dues to the union... Then the union pays their dues to the democrat party... Then the democrat party works as hard as they can to keep the mexicans here that are putting you all out of work.... Isn't it Ironic??? Don't you think???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:43 am 
BOTM Winner

There are good and bad things on both sides of politics, they all are crooks, but I am a Democratic and I do not like the Obama administration at all, I just go with the flow and see what happens, you might as well forget the good old days, this is the future of greed one way or the other, all I want to see is bring the jobs back to the states and stop the bullsh*t imports poisoning the american economy. I think alot of the prices going up is because the products has to go through 7 middlemens and they make money before hitting the shelves for us to buy and that is excatly why wal mart is a retail empire.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am 

Baddvw wrote:
There are good and bad things on both sides of politics, they all are crooks, but I am a Democratic and I do not like the Obama administration at all, I just go with the flow and see what happens, you might as well forget the good old days, this is the future of greed one way or the other, all I want to see is bring the jobs back to the states and stop the bullsh*t imports poisoning the american economy. I think alot of the prices going up is because the products has to go through 7 middlemens and they make money before hitting the shelves for us to buy and that is excatly why wal mart is a retail empire.

Agreed on the GREED! :wink: If you guys want to pick a target ( like Wal-Mart ), Do my industry a favor and pick on Best Buy too. I worked for them for a while and they make Wal-Mart look fun. I know plenty of union guys who won't set foot in a wal-mart but they all flock to Best Buy for a cheap DVD player or TV (my own father in-law included). There used to be more than a dozen small home and car stereo shops in my area and now there are two best buy's (and I have to compete with something called a GEEK SQUAD :roll: ).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 am 

This right now is what is happening in Wisconsin.

You guys all work hard and pay your dues to the union... Then the union pays their dues to the democrat party... Then the democrat party works as hard as they can to keep the mexicans here that are putting you all out of work.... Isn't it Ironic??? Don't you think???

Those guys went to ill. to stop from getting beat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 am 
BOTM Winner

nitro_mudder wrote:
A fully loaded dually goes for what my 4 bedroom 3 car garage house cost me, but is worth less every year.

It must be nice finding a 4 bedroom, 3 car house for $36000, they run around $130k-$150k around here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 pm 

I understand the mexican invasion completely.I dont know anything about a union because i work for myself.I have the same problems as you guys have but probably even worse and you almost cant blame the customers because if they get a price 30 to 40% cheaper than mine,why not,that is a big savings.The problem for me is American owned companies employing the mexicans or should i say cheap labor.Im not racist but when you take food out of my kids mouth by hitting below the belt,im gonna excersize my freedom of speech and call you what i want.When you have 10 guys living in a 2 bedroom apartment that cost 300 a month V/S a family of 4 paying a $1000 mortgage a month,who's gonna win.In the last 3 yrs. i have almost lost everything i own because of this invasion on America and its only gonna get worse because the American worker is gonna have to drastically reduce there way of living just to keep food on the table.I will stop ranting now because i could go on for hours.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 pm 

Baddvw wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:
A fully loaded dually goes for what my 4 bedroom 3 car garage house cost me, but is worth less every year.

It must be nice finding a 4 bedroom, 3 car house for $36000, they run around $130k-$150k around here.

you cant get a fully loaded dually or any new truck around here for $36000 :| them damn things are expensive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 pm 
BOTM Winner

You can if you have incentives, rebates and a $11,000 trade-in, let's see......sticker....$55,500, incentives from the company I work for......$4500, rebates.......$3005 with ally financing, gm card loyalty points...$3500, trade-in.....$11,000, grand total......$22,005. Sticker....$55,500 minus $22,005 equals $33,495 plus tax at 7% ($2344.65) equals.....$35839.65 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm 
WB Contributor

Help me out. There is a Bible verse that says something like this.God says when people do good by my hand they forget about him and neighboring countries move in and they are slowly destroyed and only when you call my name and obey my laws will I hear you and return your lands.So! We can gripe all we want while we are still going down the tubes.Remember, the only reason we are here is to love God , but most of us are full of hate, jealous,and love of money.Also, the more money you have and the "Got it made" lifestyle , the harder it is to tell God why you did not help or feed his children.Young ,sick or old.You say at the Pearly Gates, Oh but God these people were Chineese, Black, Mexican!... God says ,Look behind me ,Heaven is full of Chinese, Black, Mexican....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:37 pm 
BOTM Winner

Awwwwwww that is sweet.........but here in the real world i say live by the laws that keep them from swimming under or climbing over the fences.

Board index » General » Other Discussion.