It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am 
Global moderator

Here is a list of rules for the Woodsbuggy.com Hill Climb series. These rules are not in any particular order for the time being. These rules were drawn up by a committee that was formed of members that contacted me voicing interest in forming a Hill Climb series. These rules are not to be debated, however if you have suggestions you can PM them to me and I will bring them before the committee.

Rule #1. 2 runs at qualifying hill , best time counts. Then split the field for top and bottom. Odd middle man picks group to be in.
Rule#2. One buggy per driver and,one driver per buggy,,,with exception of rookie driver 14 or 15 years of age.
Rule #3. No bolted tires. No studs on tires. No snow chains on tire,,,rubber only.
Rule #4. All safety equipment meets Tech inspection to qualify , DOT Helmet is mandatory,4 or 5 point harness, secure battery, fuel tank, No loose cargo. ETC.
Rule #5. Driver meeting attended and sheet signed showing agreement with all rules.
Rule #6. 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles
Rule #7. Once entire buggy passes starting line the run counts.
Rule #8. No passengers allowed. Except Parent can ride with 14 or 15 year old driver.
Rule #9. Points for Class A are first 80, second 70, third 60, fourth 50,,all others 10 each.
Points for Class B, first 40, second 30 , third 20, fourth 10,,all others are 5 each.
Rule #10. Each event has qualifying and it don't matter what you did somewhere else.
Rule #11. Each event has hill of it's own character,,no generic hills,,when in Rome do as the Romans do.
Rule #12. Best points from best 4 events is added for Championship title. From at least 3 parks.
Rule #13. Payout is Class A gets 60%, Class B gets 30% and 10% of entry fees set aside for Final event.
Rule #14. Payout is first 40%, second 30%, third 20%, fourth 10%,,for each class . Any sponsorship money is split 60% to Class A and 30% to Class B, and 10% to Final Event of season. Unless otherwise specified by donor.
Rule #15. No rut digging,,once forward motion stops, run is over and incomplete runs get slowest time of full pull for that hill, plus one second. ? If you hit a tree and back up you can continue.
Rule # 16. Must be registered member of Woodsbuggy.com to get points.
Rule #17. If you break down you can go to end of line to repair. If you are not ready at first call you get 5 more minutes,,if not ready at second call you get slowest time plus one second,,,all dnf's get slowest time plus one second. All dnf's are one second slower that slowest full pull.

Any additional rules or clarifications of rules will be decided by committee members present .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am 
Global moderator

Please read these rules carefully. These rules will not be changed after our first event at Stony. 4X4's are now allowed to enter so spread the word and bring all your friends. I am sure there will be some confusion and kinks to work out but remember this is our first attempt at a Series. I expect some feedback so Please put all suggestions and concerns in written form and place in suggestion box at events. Our committee has worked very hard to make this a success. Some issues will pop up and will be addressed by committee members present and will be handled the same at all events.
Thanks, Marty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

"4X4's are now allowed to enter so spread the word and bring all your friends"

What did we forget about Mark :?:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Absolutely... Please tell all of your friends.

Our goal should be to grow the sport and attract as many people as possible. Our collective hobby is much bigger than just buggies and the more people involved the more the sport will grow. More people and more money will help to grow the Parks, attract bigger sponsors and create bigger payouts.

It would be awesome to have 50 - 60 vehicles competing next year. That will allow for better prizes, more sponsors, and more publicity for the sport.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm 
WB Contributor

rockrockets1 wrote:
"4X4's are now allowed to enter so spread the word and bring all your friends"

What did we forget about Mark :?:

hey rocky o,
are you gonna come down on friday to ride a while or sat. morning just in time to whup some booty !! :lol:
i've got to run by wilborns and move my camper to a hook-up spot friday at some point !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:48 pm 

should,nt these be updated :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm 
Global moderator

tw9294 wrote:
should,nt these be updated :lol:

\
yea,, these have been updated twice,,,go the the hill climb series tab at top of page for new rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I changed the title.. That might help..

Board index » General » Upcoming Events