It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:36 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

We already have a post going for types of events.
http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=109&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=2&t=16248

This post is to discuss the Off Road Parks that we want to use for our 2014 events. Let me know your thoughts..

Here are some that I would consider.. where else?
Rush
WindRock
Biscuit Mountain
Wild Cat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:17 am 

Hawk pride was a good place in north Alabama

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:56 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

rush was great alot of riders in that area

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:40 pm 
Master fabricator

Without knowing the other riding parks and how they are set up my choice would be Rush. Wellsville is so close to me that it would be MY first choice, but it is not stranger friendly. At Rush the trails are marked and mapped allowing almost anyone to navigate the park without getting lost. Wellsville is too big, too old and has way more trails that would be next to impossible to map and mark the trails. Besides if one were to go through the effort to mark the trails, the countless douche bags we seem to have up here would tear them down as fast as they went up.
Are the other riding areas mapped and marked like Rush? Perhaps the location should match the event? Rush would be the best for poker runs or any distance activity because it is marked so well. Wellsville would be a better location for a hill climb event.
I don't know, things I think I think.

G
A

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:45 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Mike,
You bring up some very good points.. I would agree that we should try to match the event to the park. In addition, we should review our requirements for a park to host a WoodsBuggy.com event.

Bathrooms or Porta-Potties
Some type of Food Available
Primitive Camping (Cabins and/or RV hook-up preferred)
EMT on-site for the events
Large parking area
Map of the Park for trail riding (new)

WindRock is the biggest park I am aware of that has all the trails mapped out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:47 pm 

Im like mike :grin::grin:i think rush has everything we need for a event and its within driving range of our pals up north, saying that ladybug and windrock has always been great..... so i think there is two right there imho:grin: i can talk to wildcats owner next week and get his thoughts

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:18 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

im pretty sure hawk pride would have us back for a bama event and from what little ive seen of the biscuit it would be a great place if they are willing to work us, as for tn parks the best ive been to for an event would be windrock, has anybody checked out adventure offroad park in tn?, and the only 2 place ive rode in ky was lbl and d&k...

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ridenrace6 wrote:
im pretty sure hawk pride would have us back for a bama event and from what little ive seen of the biscuit it would be a great place if they are willing to work us, as for tn parks the best ive been to for an event would be windrock, has anybody checked out adventure offroad park in tn?, and the only 2 place ive rode in ky was lbl and d&k...

Adventure Might not be bad, It is a little rocky but they have some fun trials with a few hills. Similar to Hawk Pride and Golden Mountain. Adventure is really catering to the Rock Bouncers and SxS's but the owner is super nice and wants to support buggies. They are putting up some big $$$ payouts for their events.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

yeah golden mtn and hawk pride are rocky no doubt, maybe the biscuit will work out for a climbing event in bama this comeing year but the others might be ok for a poker run type event sometime or another

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:28 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Adventure Off Road Park is hosting a 5 event series in 2014 for the Rock Bouncers, I sent him a note to see if he would be interesting in hosting 1 of the 5 events as a "Buggy VS Bouncer" challenge. Obviously, the hill would have to be something that both buggies and bouncers could race. I will let you guys know if I hear back but it would be really cool to get some buggies in the BIg Show and Big Money..

Board index » General » Upcoming Events