It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:42 am 

No affiliation, just passing it along as there may be some buggies envolved.

The North Alabama Volkswagen Club would like to announce their 14th Annual Bug'n in July charity car show. The 2012 show will be held July 20, 2012 in beautiful Ingall's Harbor in Decatur, Alabama. Proceeds from our show will once again be donated to our sponsored charity, Crisis Services of North Alabama. Bug'n in July will feature dozens and dozens of beautiful vintage and custom Volkswagen vehicles from the classic Beetle to the Karmann Ghia and Bus.

Ingall's Harbor
Located on the southern bank of the Tennessee River, Ingall's Harbor is best known for being the location of the national fishing tournaments that come to Decatur. When tournaments are not being held, it is a public boat dock for area fishermen. It is also the location for Decatur's annual Riverfest event.

Show Classes & Trophies
Top 30 with special awards for Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Engine, Longest Distance, People's Choice, Dealer's Choice. We're also having a car stereo and an engine sound-off.

The registration fee will still be $20, but we will also have a "Display-Only" entry fee that's just $10. With Display-Only, all of your entry fee goes towards Crisis Services of North Alabama, you get a dash plaque, and you can still participate in contests and raffles.

Go to the website for more info www.navwc.com/bugn

Free to the Public.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 pm 
WB Contributor

Planning on going. Who else will be there?

The Wild Kids
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 pm 

Planning on being there between 8-9 am so if you see a daddy walking with 4 little girls and a wife, that would be me :-). Just come say hi.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 pm 
WB Contributor

The wife and I will be there. If you see a guy begging for this and that it might be me!!!!
Here is my cell number text me and we will meet up somewhere. 865-310-4395

See you there

Flipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:54 am 
WB Contributor

I have a nice yellow '71 Type 3 Sq back with Riviera rims that I need to sell. Nice interior straight body and glass. Garaged since 2001.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:39 pm 
WB Contributor

Sorry I missed you Aruba1, had a good time but the wife got hot and was ready to go. bought a few things that I needed and seen a lot more I was wanting like that turbo kit.

I should be ready to ride now!

Flipper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm 

Sorry to have missed you too. We got there really early and did not stay long due to the heat. I got some nice parts at a great price. I wish I waited till this event instead of getting my parts from the web. They had lots of things, aluminum tanks, rims, tires, disk brake (I jumped on the first and only one I saw), lots of fiberglass seats, etc. I also wished I got that turbo, should have but oh well. Did you see the guy selling two 3-rib trannys for $300 (he sold me the seats/covers/disk brakes). I skipped on it because one was bad and he was not sure which one. Next month there is another event in Tannehill. http://www.tannehillbugblast.com/default.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:23 pm 
WB Contributor

I seen him, he is the one that I got the hi torq starter from. Only had one three rib when I was there. The one thing I needed was the wide five front rims and only seen two with street tires and the guy wanted more than I was willing to part with.

Birmingham is only like 4 hours from here so not a big drive. Almost drove there today for the classic car show. Who knows that guy with the turbo might still have it for sale.

Well it's quit raining so its time to go to the shop and work on the buggy installing the starter. Can't mow the yard now with it wet. :)

The Wild Kids
Flipper

Board index » General » Upcoming Events