It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

how many locals are interested in a indiana event?
yes 77%  77%  [ 23 ]
no 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
maybe 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

there will need to be 3 or 4 commited folks interested in being the "work crew" and enough folks interested in participating to make it worthwhile and of course a willing park

Chris

Last edited by ridenrace6 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:20 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

sounds good as long as you have enough locals to make it a crowd cause alot of crowd at each event is the locals

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 am 
WB Contributor

i am! you know whats sad is i run into tons of dudes at haspin that dont know what woodsbuggy.com is :shock: of course i fill em in :wink: but i also know a few guys that dont have an account so they dont post, just read. and im sure theres a ton of em that would definately come to it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:22 am 

I will be there if it's in the spring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Dave I agree, we have about 10 in our group that ride there. And only 2 of us go on woodsbuggy.

diamonddav wrote:
i am! you know whats sad is i run into tons of dudes at haspin that dont know what woodsbuggy.com is :shock: of course i fill em in :wink: but i also know a few guys that dont have an account so they dont post, just read. and im sure theres a ton of em that would definately come to it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 pm 

i would be there for sure :D yeah nitro i ride with a bunch also same deal 2 off us get on here and post things :x but im sure i could get a bunch of people interested in doing a indy event :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 pm 

haspin is a great free for all park to drink ride and be merry but, not sure it would be a very good place to host a hill climb. i cant think of an area that could accommodate the group of buggys all together? but would make one hell of a good place for use all to get together and ride 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

The two best places I can thik of spectator wise and parking would be Devils backbone and Shoe tree. If we could do some modifying to shoe tree hills to make it harder it would be cool. But the best hills are in death vally and it would be a pain to get the event back there, no open area. Might be good for a mini-enduro style hill by Shoe-tree. Put some ups and downs and turns in, then jump up the shoe tree hills for a cool finish??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm 

i am down diamond dave!!!!! nitro by death valley do you mean back by clay hill(as the suzuki guys call it)? pull in take fire trail to the left, past shoe tree turn off and hook a right near end of it? the bone is too friggin rocky.... of course some hills around it are interesting too. if we dont do haspin then do dtor in bedford. it really isnt too much further.... almost too close together to do both in the same year. if you can set a date for either i will help... just need some advance notice. havent made a hillclimb event to be able to see how it goes down so i dont know what help i will be but..... i like to cut stuff, drag stuff and climb stuff sooo cant be too far off....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:38 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Haspin Acres Date is August 11th. So lets get this thing figured out guys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:54 am 
WB Contributor

my oh my, woodsbuggy hill climb at haspin :shock: this has a wicked time wrote all over it, i wouldnt miss this for the world! i also plan on going to wellsville,and somewhere in kentucky :roll: and who knows where else, but im ready for this year :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 am 

Just my opinion
It seems to me there should b alot of potential for haspin. We have Drews offroad, offroad center,buggy works, davis motorsports, and quit a few smaller independent fabricators. Dirt days last year at haspin (muddays) even with torrential rain had a good turn out. Haspin can host a hellova event. Hillclimb series problem is no exposure. Nobody up jere no what it is. Need to change that. Haspin has been around for 30 40 years (?). Get word out. King, of the hill at HASPIN. definatly will take some planning work pull it off. I am game to help. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:19 am 

Im not sure haspen would be a good place to host an event either,,2 reasons..(1)..the restrooms/showers there are disgustingly dirty..so bad i choose to go into the woods and lean against a tree to do my bussiness..and alot of us bring the wife/kids and i highly doubt that any of the ladys would be okay with going out to the woods to do certain bussiness..ive always thought the heath dept should force them to clean it because its so disturbingly nasty...(2)..camping there SUCKS..you camp in dust or mud..and its nothing to have a handful of idiots ride right thru your camp..Im glad Haspin is there to ride,,but I dont see a woodsbuggy event happening there. I actually ask them last year about hosting a woodsbuggy event and was told they would "not be interseted"..i didnt ask as to "why"..the old lady who is always there was kinda short with me when I ask so i left it at that..however..they do have a kitchen that sells the best cold BBQ sandwiches ive ever puked back up...lol.. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:14 am 

I would like to come to haspin to hang out and ride weather an event happens or not. So if no event happens here why not still have this date as a woodsbuggy get together and ride.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Wow russ, lol. Ill take those bathrooms over an august portojohn any day!!!! And thats all we get at most parks it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm 

I think it's the people that make the good time. There could be a good event at haspin with some good planning . i would help any way i could. i think a get togather this year see who shows up ? if it turns out good plan a hillclimb next year.just a thought i would be there eather way :mrgreen:

?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Need a couple guys to try to orginize this event. Looks like I may or may not be able to get back in time for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 pm 

I don't think you would have a bad turn out for the event, in fact I would say it would be a hell of alot of spectators, but the planning and organizing wil be the death of it. Like russ said, I don't know Haspin would have any interest in helping. (its a shame)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm 

i will help out i live 5 min from the park i no a couple good spots for some new hills.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

A. Cole wrote:
I don't think you would have a bad turn out for the event, in fact I would say it would be a hell of alot of spectators, but the planning and organizing wil be the death of it. Like russ said, I don't know Haspin would have any interest in helping. (its a shame)

Already talked to the owner, we are in.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm 

me and pete are good friends he will help us with anyhting we would need

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:41 am 

nitro_mudder wrote:
Need a couple guys to try to orginize this event. Looks like I may or may not be able to get back in time for it.

why would you set a date you may or may not attend?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:07 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Rick wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:

why would you set a date you may or may not attend?

I did not set the dates. This events date got moved from when I set it. So did the wellsville event I pushed for. But as far as the Series is concerned the dates do look good, nice even spread and not back to back with any holiday weekends. Should be a good season! I hope someone can run with this event, I will try to make it and help as much as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

if yall want this event to happen we need at least 2 (not more than 3 or 4) local (from indiana) willing, committed, dependable, and level headed guys to take the ball run with it and be in charge of getting all the preparations made

if there is not enough interest it will have to be cancelled

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Just a Bump..

As I went through the post, I saw a lot of people say that were interested in helping but someone needs to be the owner of this event?

Dave? Darrel? DiamondDave? Dink? Anyone else?? Who wants to take the lead on this event?

Board index » General » Upcoming Events