It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

how many locals are interested in a indiana event?
yes 77%  77%  [ 23 ]
no 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
maybe 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:32 am 
WB Contributor

I'LL DO IT :twisted: im not from indiana tho, nor am i from kentucky but i was also suggesting the dirty turtle, for kentucky. so is that legal :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:11 pm 
WB Contributor

diamonddav wrote:
my oh my, woodsbuggy hill climb at haspin :shock: this has a wicked time wrote all over it, i wouldnt miss this for the world! i also plan on going to wellsville,and somewhere in kentucky :roll: and who knows where else, but im ready for this year :D

you ready to work on your bug! get your shit runnin dave so you can go ride instead of talkin about ridin on woodsbuggy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

we were just throweing this idea out there to see if there was enough interest to give the northern guys more chances to participate/be involved in the hillclimbs without quite so much driving but its not looking good for an indiana event, there has only been 1 (and he aint even from indiana) speak up and say he was willing and one person cant do it alone, we probably gonna have to make a call on this in the NEAR FUTURE (like sometime the first week of january) so that we can get all the dates lined up, so if anybody is interested let it be known

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I can work the events, just not the dates you guys wanted, sorry. This is why I was leaning towards a Northern series to go with the existing Southern series. We will see how wellsville goes this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:10 am 

O.k. I didn't realize this was being discussed in two differnt areas. I don't know what dates are being thrown around, but would love to see this as part of Dirt Days this year. (May 19, 2011) Everyone knows who was there last year it gets a Huge turnout. It also has multiple events throughout the day. And we end it with a bonfire bash and fireworks. Drews Off Road co-sponsered Dirt Days with us last year. I will call Brian on Monday and see if he's in for getting the "work crew" together with us. I am pesonally stepping forward saying that Buggy Works will take charge regardless of it being during Dirt Days or not. The Backbone would be the best spectator area, but there are other options. Lets just get the event first, then plan the hill!! And as I have planned the last two Dirt Days, I am up for the challange of planning a hillclimb!! What needs to happen is for everyone to cast their vote!!! It looks like there is no interest. I know this is not the case. Spread the word. They need to see the votes and fast!!!

Tim
Buggy Works, Inc.
wrongwayray wrote:
Just my opinion
It seems to me there should b alot of potential for haspin. We have Drews offroad, offroad center,buggy works, davis motorsports, and quit a few smaller independent fabricators. Dirt days last year at haspin (muddays) even with torrential rain had a good turn out. Haspin can host a hellova event. Hillclimb series problem is no exposure. Nobody up jere no what it is. Need to change that. Haspin has been around for 30 40 years (?). Get word out. King, of the hill at HASPIN. definatly will take some planning work pull it off. I am game to help. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:36 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ive been suggesting a 3 to 4 person "team" but if 2 can get it done then i guess thats fine (have to check to be sure) but it will be rough, all the "work" has to be done before the crowd hows up on a saturday morning and due to the way we are trying to alternate between north and south events we plan on doing the 2 furtherest apart first and moving closer together we go and that is throwing the indiana event (if it happens) aroung august 4th aat last discussion, thanks for youre interest and concern tim, maybe yall can get a commited team worked up but the days are counting down quick

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:58 am 

ridenrace6 wrote:
ive been suggesting a 3 to 4 person "team" but if 2 can get it done then i guess thats fine (have to check to be sure) but it will be rough, all the "work" has to be done before the crowd hows up on a saturday morning and due to the way we are trying to alternate between north and south events we plan on doing the 2 furtherest apart first and moving closer together we go and that is throwing the indiana event (if it happens) aroung august 4th aat last discussion, thanks for youre interest and concern tim, maybe yall can get a commited team worked up but the days are counting down quick

When I say Buggy Works, us alone without any other commited people here on the forum means I have 5-7 people that can work it. This would not include anyone from Drews Off Road which I know would be a part of it also. I will make calls Monday to Drews, Hapsin Acres (Pete), and Confirm with our staff. And post my results Monday End of Day. Sorry to jump on the band wagon late, but we have been in the middle of opening a new shop @ a new location in Indy. So I have not been on here in awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

popeye08 wrote:
ridenrace6 wrote:

When I say Buggy Works, us alone without any other commited people here on the forum means I have 5-7 people that can work it. This would not include anyone from Drews Off Road which I know would be a part of it also. I will make calls Monday to Drews, Hapsin Acres (Pete), and Confirm with our staff. And post my results Monday End of Day. Sorry to jump on the band wagon late, but we have been in the middle of opening a new shop @ a new location in Indy. So I have not been on here in awhile.

not a problem just let us know 8)

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:43 am 
WB Contributor

come on you locals chime in on this shat :roll: or nevermind we'll just drive hundreds of miles :mrgreen: cause we got cash like that :roll: you boys dont wanna show off your haspin skills :evil: I AM DOWN, and i would have to call myself a local of haspin acres even though i dont live in indiana, who's with me :!: :roll: so count me in 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 am 
WB Contributor

8) :evil: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Well Dave, I live in Indiana and you still live closer, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Good news is this thread has more post and intrest then the KY, AL and TN threads combined and the ohio event has even more then this one. I'd say that looks pretty good sence most of the locals at the events dont post or visit on here. And Tim I agree, if we threw in with you guys at Dirt Days that would be a great way to cross inform both groups to the others. Get with Ridenrace, Ron or Firebug to work on the possibility of that with the committee.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 pm 

nitro_mudder wrote:
Good news is this thread has more post and intrest then the KY, AL and TN threads combined and the ohio event has even more then this one. I'd say that looks pretty good sence most of the locals at the events dont post or visit on here. And Tim I agree, if we threw in with you guys at Dirt Days that would be a great way to cross inform both groups to the others. Get with Ridenrace, Ron or Firebug to work on the possibility of that with the committee.

Talked to Brian Drew . He is intrest but time and dates will be the ?????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

He needs to get with the committee. They will make the decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:01 am 
WB Contributor

well the big guys should make it happen! im just a little guy ,but ,i'm a dick :twisted: so lets make it happen ,im down to help with whatever :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 am 

nitro_mudder wrote:
He needs to get with the committee. They will make the decision.

I thought you were the committee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 pm 

I am fairly new to the site and live in Cincinnati but I would be interested. I probably wouldnt compete but i would definitely attend. It looks like a blast from some of the you tube videos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm 

hopefully popeye can get something worked out, he and his crew are good at organizing events 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 pm 

im down with helping i ride there all the time no some good spots for new hills. just let me no when

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

The tentative date is Aug 4th for the Indiana event but we need to make sure we have a commitment from the crew that is going to own the event.

Right now it looks like Diamond Dave and Dink2275 will run the event with some help from Nitro and a few others. Is that correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm 

MickeyMouse wrote:
The tentative date is Aug 4th for the Indiana event but we need to make sure we have a commitment from the crew that is going to own the event.

Right now it looks like Diamond Dave and Dink2275 will run the event with some help from Nitro and a few others. Is that correct?

MickeyMouse, I appologize for not piping in on the topic in a few days. We have been moving our Buggy shop to Indianapolis. Wow what a chore!! I didnt have a clue how much used inventory we had.

I had thrown out the Idea of Buggy Works, Inc comitting to ownership of the Event. I have not had a chance to PM Nittro, but will. If they are commiting to being on the work crew then we should have more than enough to work the Event. We have worked with Haspin before with our Dirt Days Event. We will be talking to Pete this week, but I know we can get them to agree to the requirments. Colby has also talked to Brian Drew from Drews Offroad. He is in. I also talked with Gary Davis form Davis Motorsports. I think there is a enough interest and Buzz going on to get planning!! Someone from the committe PM me. We can discuss what I need to be planning.

Thanks, Tim

BTW, who came up with Aug date. Still would love to make this a part of Dirt Days in May. Brings alot of Buggys out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm 
WB Contributor

MickeyMouse wrote:

correct :wink:
if the big guys cant do it i will gladly do it, i have heard that park will match pot ,e.m.t. are good and so forth.im no drews or buggyworks, but ill not let this pass when i know what the turnout will be at haspin. i'd rather have one of the big guys lead the way. but im not scared , if i can organize 40 demo derby cars with a bunch or raging rednecks, im sure i could handle this. i have not talked with no one, but this is what i know through our group of riders, so please ,some one fill in on what is known for sure through haspin. ive got plenty of people to help, thats no proplem, the one problem would be the timers, i think? but ill gladly be a back seat driver with tim(buggyworks) and brian drew. i dont care what the date is, i make my work schedule around my play time so that is not a factor for me. ive been pushin for this event so hard i've kinda took the drivers seat cause of lack of locals being interested or should i say not voicing there opinion, but im more than willing to help out the big guys and make this happen. :D call me if needed 513-237-5593

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Not sure of my schedule this far out, but I have some flexibility. We need to confirm with Pete and the owner on the Date. Dink sounds like he can find us some good hills to work with. And he knows the Comp setup, been to plenty of them. I will try to get down there by Thursday the week of the event to help fine tune everything then break my buggy b4 we compete, lol. If you guys from the shops have any Questions feel free to get ahold of me.
two six zero
four five zero
ninety-five ninety-nine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:44 am 

i would give you guys a hand also. but i need a date so i could plan things so let me know i live 10 minits from dave :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Unless haspin has a problem with another event scheduled for that day it sounds like the committee is looking at Aug 4th I believe.

Board index » General » Upcoming Events