It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Indiana really only has one good park for these events to add another Northern park, Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana. If there is enough intrest we may be able to add this. Anyone interested, and when?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 pm 

nitro_mudder wrote:
Indiana really only has one good park for these events to add another Northern park, Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana. If there is enough intrest we may be able to add this. Anyone interested, and when?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Just repeating that, lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 pm 

im game and ill spred the word im thinking august some time

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:09 pm 

That's close I would be there But aug would not work my 2nd kid is do around the 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:21 pm 

you pic the time i know the place and ill bethere dont want any body to miss it :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

We are not allowed to have it as a woodsbuggy hillclimb guys, sorry. We already have one planned in the north for this year at wellsville. Should be 4 in the south though that will always welcome us. And it is a good time if you can make it. Couldnt ask for a better group of people, even grumpy Ron :mrgreen: He's still an alright guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am 
Global moderator

nitro_mudder wrote:
We are not allowed to have it as a woodsbuggy hillclimb guys, sorry. We already have one planned in the north for this year at wellsville. Should be 4 in the south though that will always welcome us. And it is a good time if you can make it. Couldnt ask for a better group of people, even grumpy Ron :mrgreen: He's still an alright guy.

If you want an event in Indy,,,,do it,,,,I already tole you that.,,just work out the details

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Firebug wrote:
If you want an event in Indy,,,,do it,,,,I already tole you that.,,just work out the details

Honestly not sure there is enough intrest, and dont really feel like dealing with it myself anymore. But if the locals want it bad enough I will help anyway I can.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Firebug wrote:
nitro_mudder wrote:

x2, i for one would like to see more guys from up that way get involved 8)

it only requires dedicated folks to step up and take targe to be there and scout out suiteable hills with enough spectator room ahead of time and to coordinate with the park on the details, also have to make sure the proper equipments is available and folks to help work the day of the event also

a team of 3 to 4 seems to work out pretty good without putting to much pressure on everybody in case one of the others cant make it for whatever reason

check with the park of choice in indiana and if they cool with then get up a "work crew" from indiana and lets us know

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Haspin said yes last year. Then a month later I was told no and no one called them back. Should be do-able, I am just 100% sure there is enough intrest honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:47 am 
WB Contributor

im in for this and ill help with whatever i can, WHATEVER!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am 

haspin is a great free for all park to drink ride and be merry but, not sure it would be a very good place to host a hill climb. i cant think of an area that could accommodate the group of buggys all together? but would make one hell of a good place for use all to get together and ride 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Agreed Rick, the best hills are deep in the middle of the woods. And those would be hard to get at with a big group. It might be better as a poker run or small enduro course.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:38 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

nitro and rick yall might want to discuss this on the post i made for voting for indiana event so that everybody gets all the info and opinions in one place, just a sugestion

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:13 am 

I know that there would be a HUGE interest. I would even like to suggest that if you were to pick a time of year, it would be the same weekend as Dirt Days at Haspin. This is a growing event sponsered by Buggy Works, Inc. and brings out a LARGE number of woodsbuggies. Last year we had a scavenger hunt and a poker run which included two wildcard Hill Climbs. We also had Dirt Drags, a HUGE bonfire and a half hour fireworks display that night. People really had an awesome time. We would love to have a Hillclimb scheduled on the same weekend. Each year Dirt Days is scheduled for the weekend after Mothers Day. This year it will be held on May 19, 2012. Drew's Off Road co-sponsered with us last year. I'm sure they are planning on doing so again this year. Please PM me if you want more info or would like to toss around the idea. It would be a great way to get more people involved in the series. Either way I would like to see if Woodsbuggy.com could have a presence there this year. Maybe a small tent for those not familiar with Woodsbuggy.com

Tim
Buggy Works, Inc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

here is the other indiana topic, might wanna read through it also popeye 1,982 views and only 21 votes, its not looking like there is enough interested to even be in charge of getting everything set up

http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?opt ... 13&t=12807

Chris

Board index » General » Upcoming Events