It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

Board index » General » Upcoming Events

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 pm 
WB Competitor

who all is gonna be there ? were gonna be there either thursday afternoon or early friday morning till late sunday afternoon. if your coming chime in and lets make this a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 pm 
WB Competitor

damn dont tell me were gonna have the place all to ourselves. i sure hope not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 pm 

hey...plan on being there friday

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 pm 

Gonna try to b there bit no guarantees damn mines won't let us off much!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:08 pm 
WB Videographer

looks like rain so might head down south to ride in bama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 am 
WB Competitor

fri. and sat. look good. rain is not supose to be there till sometime sat. night. they have called for rain before for a whole weekend before and didnt get a drop so dont let that stop you from coming to ride with us. hope you come and bring friends it will be a blast.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:37 pm 

We were up there... had a "good time" - the kind that looks best in retrospect rather than in the moment. We had 4 on quads and 4 buggies, and one jeep. Friday evening and Saturday was actually perfect... Saturday night and Sunday was another story. On Saturday Bruce broke the torsion housing off his frame in at least 3 places. Mike took the IRS w/ gear reductions monster out and tagged a tree with the right rear tire about 3 minutes in and bent the 1/2" gearbox mount enough to make it track too poorly to drive and stress the outboard CV. Later in the day Dennis pole vaulted his buggy with a tree branch that got stuck between his cylinder head and pushrod tube skid plate taking out the pushrods and tubes on at least that one cylinder. I took out Mike's 400ex later in the evening and a tree branch popped up and knocked my foot off the peg... no big deal, until I went to downshift and noticed the shifter wasn't there anymore, just a sheared shaft sticking out of the transmission. Oops. Highlight of the whole weekend was when 3 of us went out on quads around the lake saturday evening near sunset, I took a friends 700r anniversary raptor out which was a pretty sweet ride. We were out quite a ways (could see the bridge over KY lake pretty good) when the gas light turned on and we turned around, made it back ok which was good because the one of the other guys had just a little fuel left himself.

Rained all night saturday, no biggie for me sleeping in the back of the SUV... friend Jim had to relocate to their Jeep when they found their bedding was swimming in an inch or two of water when it was time to turn in. In the morning we went out to do a water tower run Sunday in the cold and rain and got up there ok, our friend took his lifted Jeep Wrangler rubicon Unlimited up there and I was in my buggy. The ATV guys went to go blast around and Jim and I were supposed to go back to camp for lunch but I forgot how the trail numbers work and we were lost for about 2 hours, within 5 minutes of the camp several times but took wrong turns each time. (I can't find my way out of a wet paper bag) However, we eventually came up to the lake on the north side of the park and made our way back heading south wherever we could. I wasn't in to bad of shape, cold / wet wise due to borrowing Bruce's rain suit that even kept me pretty much dry even though I had a wake wash over my lap on one occasion... (couldn't even see my pedal cluster / reservoir) I've got a video I'll try to post... maybe some pictures. iirc I saw wildcatoffroad9606 I saw out there Saturday who said hello.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:27 pm 

Yellow trail fun on Sunday.

Board index » General » Upcoming Events