It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Transmissions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:25 pm 
BOTM Winner

Has any one ever ran one? Please share your experiences. Long Interprizes sells one and they are made right in USA Imagine that. They are gurranteed for life. You break it they replace it no questions ask other than was there oil in the box? They are the first since I started researching them to actually have them in stock. They are expensive at $1150.00 however a good Super diff is $500.00. Why not have the strength of planetary gears along with the 80% locking (as close to posi traction you can get) capability that there LSD has to offer. I can see where they would be great in a mud hole or climbing a shale or muddy hill. You would still have the use of the cutter brakes. The best of both worlds. Odds are there will be one in my new buggy. I did talk to the vender about discounts however he was only willing to give us $40.00 off in quanitys of 5. Hey 40 bucks is 40 bucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:17 pm 
BOTM Winner

http://www.longenterprises.com/high_per ... _parts.htm
scroll to the bottom, click on the pic icon

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm 
BOTM Winner

my buddy has a 091 with a factory diff lock from vw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:52 pm 
Global moderator

I want one. 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:39 pm 
BOTM Winner

I have found another Vender with a price of $1050.00 at 2 or more plus shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:02 pm 
BOTM Winner

If you are drag racing it would be a great item to have. If you were doing mud pit racing it would be good also. For general woods buggy riding I feel it is a waste of money. A good 4 spider diff that is shimmed tight will work great for years and it will let your steering brakes work the way they need to without any additional effort or extra stress on the transaxle.
That's my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:17 pm 

[quote='Roy']If you are drag racing it would be a great item to have. If you were doing mud pit racing it would be good also. For general woods buggy riding I feel it is a waste of money. A good 4 spider diff that is shimmed tight will work great for years and it will let your steering brakes work the way they need to without any additional effort or extra stress on the transaxle.
That's my 2 cents.[/quote]

I agree....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:20 pm 
I talked to Long about 1 year ago and they told me about them. I told the guy how I ride and he said a super Diff would work best for woods riding. He said thoes work great for sand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:08 am 
BOTM Winner

Bruce when I talked to Rick at Long Enterprises last week he told me that it would be great in the Woods. I guess my question still remains, who has actually used one and what was the experience with it. So far all I'm hearing is speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:33 pm 
I do not remember the guy

Board index » Tech and Fab » Transmissions