It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Transmissions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:37 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

So as some of you know i blew reverse out of the ol' rig couple weekends ago. Well, im thinking about hacking into the transmission myself, book in hand of course. But, first i just wanted to see if there was anyone on here that knows their way around a 3 rib (in the general northeast ohio area) that would be interested in some work? I'm scared to take it to LA products again cause they screwed it up last time. If anyone is interested in some work or knows someone that is please let me know, before i go tear it apart and ruine it more haha!

Thanks,

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:13 am 
BOTM Winner

Eric DeBord fixes them and has been building them for over 15 years. He is in north east Ky. close to the Ohio line. You might want to send him a PM and ask him about it.
I fix them as well but I am in eastern Va.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:54 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i was going to send it down to eric debord to have it fixed, but i ended up getting in contact with a guy named Brian or Buggy Brian, in East Canton, which is 15 minutes from me. He also has been doing trannys for over 15 years, a lot of buggies at Wellsville are running around with his trannys and motors in them. Nothing at all against Eric, this was just easier for me than having to try and transport it all the way to Kentucky. So far Roy, i am still planning on buying that spare off of you in October. thanks for the input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:17 am 
BOTM Winner

Well that is great. I am glad you found someone close to you.

Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

save alot of time and money take it to eric and get in fixed the first time

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:28 pm 
BOTM Winner

[quote='JeffClay']i was going to send it down to eric debord to have it fixed, but i ended up getting in contact with a guy named Brian or Buggy Brian, in East Canton, which is 15 minutes from me. He also has been doing trannys for over 15 years, a lot of buggies at Wellsville are running around with his trannys and motors in them. Nothing at all against Eric, this was just easier for me than having to try and transport it all the way to Kentucky. So far Roy, i am still planning on buying th

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:48 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

yeah he seems like he knows his shit. After seeing some of deusenbuggy's work i didnt want to take it to him, plus the guy is impossible to get ahold of. LA products, been there, done that, regretted that. Big Joe, gears jammed, gears popping out, enough said. I'm sure from what ive heard ill have good luck with brian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:47 pm 
BOTM Winner

[quote='JeffClay']yeah he seems like he knows his shit. After seeing some of deusenbuggy's work i didnt want to take it to him, plus the guy is impossible to get ahold of. LA products, been there, done that, regretted that. Big Joe, gears jammed, gears popping out, enough said. I'm sure from what ive heard ill have good luck with brian.[/quote]
you gonna bring that fresh tranny down to wellsville oct. 20/21

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:20 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

hell yeah, isn't that the best place to break it in? I got my new buggy done on a friday, was at wellsville friday, blew reverse out saturday, and i've been sitting here waiting for the last month, I'm ready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:21 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

So my Transmission had the wrong clips in it, stuff was shimmed out that shouldnt be shimmed out, backlash was way out, there was a backwards thrust washer in there, the list goes on and on, LA Products did such a good job on it last time, don't it sound like it? Oh and the carnage, teeth sheered off reverse gear, cracked case, bad bearing. Ring and Pinion still looks nice though, that's always good. I should be getting it back today, we'll get 'er broke in this weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:47 pm 

does anyone know brians phone# or what he charges to fix reverse-- i have a 3rib and a 5 rib

I love my country, But i fear my government

Board index » Tech and Fab » Transmissions