It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm 

I always set cars up with one, however it's more of a personal preference thing, but I find it helps when you're switching surfaces + grip levels as often as we are, it's not so important if you're always running on similar surfaces as you can set the brakes up for the hardest stop you can do and leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 pm 
BOTM Winner

Yes I set it up to pull for brakes. I wanted to keep it the same directions as my cutters to be consistant so i don't get confused lol. I had may last buggy set up that way and it worked fine for me.
hayshaker247 wrote:
Odyknuck wrote:
Just use a master cylinder like the one your using for the rear brakes. Here is a link to how i recently did mine:
http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?opt ... =23&t=8892

hayshaker247 wrote:
well im glad i got both sides of the picture but i think i will go with what everyone says is best for woods.. i thinking single master pedals for rears and dual handle cutters... what is everyone doing for the front brakes? i have a good place to mount to to put it on the left with a single lever just dont know what to use for a slave and such... im in a bind on whether to get my brakes done and put a rack in it or get a tranny...

it looks as if you have to pull that to you.. or am i wrong? i have a hand break like that in my jeep and i made it to where i push it.. pulling it was too hard it still suck going down long hills but was nearly impossible when i had to pull it back

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering