It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cutter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm 

i cannot get my cuttin brake bled i have parked it on a hill and bled the piss out of it and i just got a little brake i got good foot brake just no cuttin brake and i bleed it and it has no air coimin out i just cant figure it out can anyone help me out

Post subject: Re: cutter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:46 pm 
WB Contributor

time for a new kit? I accidently put some power steering fluid in my brake reservoir and it ate my cups up.Is your fluid black from dissolving rubber?I'm asking yall, Can these after market brake parts use synthetic? I have had bad luck with it.And did not mix that I know of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 pm 

the pedelset has about 3 rides and the cuttin brake is brand new and i can only get a little bit of cuttin brake could it be te cuttin brake is bad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:50 pm 
WB Contributor

You tell me how to get the foot pedal working and ill tell you how i got my cutters working!! lol I got cutters but foot pedal sucks. Figure that one out !??? :roll: :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 pm 
WB Contributor

Have you read "REAR BRAKES LOCKING" under the BRAKES forum last week by Kevin Fondren. He found a difugelty with a brand new cut brake.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm 

well i have had trouble with those damn brakes also the way i done it the last time was just pump the pedal up went back took the bleed screw loose then took a screw driver push the piston back very slowly and tighting the bleed screw back did that about three times on both side got good brakes and i never touch the stearing brake handle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:07 am 

the best way i bled my foot pedel is park the front end of the bug up hill and pumpem up and pop the bleders but this cuttin brake just wont hardly grab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

tony wrote:
the best way i bled my foot pedel is park the front end of the bug up hill and pumpem up and pop the bleders but this cuttin brake just wont hardly grab

Turn your buggy around.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:21 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

gasman wrote:
tony wrote:

Turn your buggy around.Chad :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:48 pm 

ok thx i will try that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 pm 

I had a hard time with my brakes also. Get your cutter lower than your resevor and jack the front of ur buggy up now put a bungee on the brake pedal as tight as u can get it and leave it for a few days every so often 5/6 hours or so pull the brake back by hand and just let it sit I did this and now my brakes are great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 pm 

AutoZone sells a hand pump "one man" brake bleeding system for about $35. You open the bleeder. Pump enough brake fluid through to fill the pump. Close bleeder and pour the fluid out of the pump back into the master cylinder. I have rear cutters and my wilwoods have 4 bleeders per caliper and I had my rear brakes totally bled in about 15 min. with no wasted fluid. Also that was all new parts and new brake lines, so it was alot of air. One of the best tools I have bought as far as brakes go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm 
WB Contributor

2800passat wrote:
Have you read "REAR BRAKES LOCKING" under the BRAKES forum last week by Kevin Fondren. He found a difugelty with a brand new cut brake.
tony, did you rad this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:31 pm 

no i didnt read it yet but i will and yea i got all new brake lines my old cuttin brake was wore out and i got a new one and i just went out and turn my buggy the other way and tryed to bleed it again and it shoots straight fluid out with no air comin out so that has got me confused but i will read that and see if it helps me out

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm 
BOTM Winner

do you got a pic of how steer brake is mounted? this is how mine is mounted and i have to unbolt it and lay it down in order for them to work. if i dont do it that way i have a good pedal and no sterr brake.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:45 pm 

when i bleed my brakes pump the pedal up loosen the bleeder than pull up on the cutter tighten the bleeder and hold a little pressure on cutter and pump the foot pedal til the cutter comes down and repeat a couple of times

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 am 

I'm having problems with mine too. I have 4 wheel drum brakes and have a red pressure valve in the rear line my foot brake works fine the cutter don't work good unless I hit the foot brake first seems like i have volume issue. My master and cutter is about the same level .Its been like this for years i would just like the cutter to work better with out pumping the foot brake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 am 

big specht wrote:
I'm having problems with mine too. I have 4 wheel drum brakes and have a red pressure valve in the rear line my foot brake works fine the cutter don't work good unless I hit the foot brake first seems like i have volume issue. My master and cutter is about the same level .Its been like this for years i would just like the cutter to work better with out pumping the foot brake

I cant imagine you could ever get a good cutter until you step up to disc..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:17 pm 

i use 1/8 plastic tubing. open the bleeders and slide the tubing over them. run the other end of tubing back into master cylinder. grab a couple beers and start pumping away. will have to add flluid a few times but always gets the job done

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering