It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:19 pm 

Hey everybody! let me start off by saying i am really digging this site and i find it very informative.I live in Joshua Texas and i think ya'll would be proud of us guys here in Johnson county because we to have some very decent buggy's that we ride.I have submitted my buggy for buggy of the month so if it gets chosen you guys can tell what you think.Ok my question is this I have from what i have been told are KING KONG combo spindles with wide five drum brakes on the front can i run the e-cono disc set up on these spindles and use my inner and outer bearings that are fairly new and seal. I see advertisement on the more expensive brakes saying combo spindles but not the e-cono set up.I thought you could not run stock brakes o combo spindles but HELLO my drums are stock.thanks guys for letting me say hello and ramble for a bit.I will post some pics of our junk latter. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:09 pm 

King kongs are bigger then combos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:27 pm 

still waiting on some USEFULL information!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I'm looking into the same issue for my tweed combo spindles. Post pics of your spindles, it may help determine if they are king kongs or just combos. I found a set of rotors foe $230 that should work with 4 lug pattern.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 pm 

Call Brian Drew at 1-888-go-drews if they are combos you can get a bearinges to run ball joint rotors i think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 am 

Not that I know for sure. But your combo or king kong spindles are larger diameter for added strenght. You can run stock or after market brakes, but the bearings and seals have larger ID's. I'd like to know what those sizes are, as I may make my own spindals in the future. I'll see how long it takes to bend the gusseted stockers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:41 pm 

Try this thread. About halfway down I posted conversion Timken bearing part numbers. Never tried it but it's a place to start. King Kong spindles are bigger diameter than combo. The link below is talking about combo spindles not King Kong.

http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?opt ... ngs#p46711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:40 pm 

Hey every body thanks a lot for all the replies, but i think i maybe ahead of the game allready since i do have working drum brakes on the front of my buggy with king kong spindles and i was told that they did all the hard work by micing the spindles races bearings and seals now my question again is since i have stock drum brakes on the spindles i should be able to take these bearings races and seals out of my drums and put them in either a ball joint or king pin rotor. Does this sound like it will work and wich is the correct rotor! I will post my bearing race and seal numbers for anyone wanting to do this also. Thanks again to all.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering