It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CNC INC :(
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:50 pm 

Hello guys, today I've had a pretty poor experience with CNC Inc. Just to run y'all through my setup I had wilwood master cylinder for the clutch and the rear brakes.
I decided to switch to 4 wheel brakes and I went and bought CNC master cylinders. The brake setup I have had zero problems with and still work perfectly and look brand new. On the other hand the clutch right out of the package leaked severely out of the secondary seal and I had to send it back for them to repair. I figured it was no big deal mistakes get made no problems. They got it fixed and sent it back, about 6 months later it started leaking again, once again sent it back to them and they got it repaired I asked them why it was leaking they said that the rear seal had shrank due to " outside contaminants". Even though the brake setup is literally right next to it as you can see in the picture posted , and is still in perfect shape and never had any problems or leaks.
On the other hand I have had very good experience with Wilwood equipment the setup that was on it was on it for 6 years no problems at all I still use it as a back up as you can see in the picture below
I know people make mistakes but I felt like the way they handled this was kinda poor trying to pass the blame , I plan on pulling it apart and double checking their work and making sure the cylindar is honed out correctly when I get it back.
I don't know if anyone has had this experience with this or I'm just cursed or something but I figured I would share my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: CNC INC :(
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:39 pm 

Dang!!! I just ordered a bunch of CNC stuff. I've had good luck with them over the years,it sucks what happened with yours, I got my fingers crossed it don't happen with mine. I noticed something in your picture, this happened to me, where your brake and clutch lines comes off your master cylinders, I had a small tree limb break the fittings off in the reservoirs NO BRAKES!!!!!!! , I put a small piece of metal up there to block the limbs.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:58 pm 

Got a clutch, brake master cylinder and turning brake single handle for my dads buggy and never could get it to pump up. Sent it back to cnc and they said they rebuilt it but never could get nothing to pump up. Clutch worked fine but brake never would work. Put the old one on which was nothing wrong with in the first place and it pumped right up and works great. Sent the cnc stuff back. i know everyone runs them but we didn't have no luck with them. I got stock pedals and neal cutting brake and it works to good to be trying to mess with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:54 pm 

I was told Neal is just CNC before the name change and the first and oldest is usually the best.

I have a latest rage brake pedal ( Chinese cheese as passat would say) and it is EXACTLY the same as your cnc one. Who knows who is making what at this point.

Pretty sure the wilwood cylinders will bolt to that pedal setup. Just order them from summit and be done.

Have you ever tried using a bleeder pump on them? Maybe you are just running them dry at first trying to pump them up and causing premature wear.

I use a bleeder pump on mine at all 4 corners first and usually don't have to even pump bleed the brakes at all. Even from totally empty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:10 am 

For anyone needing to get peddals summit has a howe pedal that's almost identical to the wilwood pedal for half the cost like 35$ then you get the wilwood master from summit for 50$ ( whatever size you need there the same price ) and. You have a very nice clutch or single master brake pedal for under 100 bucks each, this what I have in mine, why buy anything but wilwood masters when there probably one of the best and cheap

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cush53 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:18 am 

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/hre-52992

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/hre-52692

http://m.summitracing.com/search/part-t ... 20cylinder

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wil-340-1289

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:27 am 

I also run the wilwood slave cylinder from summit, bled it once and never had a problem since, works great. now if we could only get wilwood to make a cutter!!! And carry it at summit. I live 15min from summit, I'm there to much. I get lost in the clearance section every visit.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering