It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am 

I have wilwood dynalite calipers and there 4 piston...
I have a 3/4 master cylinder and cut brakes now with a residual valve. But my pedal is spongy and brakes suck.. I've bled and bled and nothing helps and have been told mc needs to be bigger? Any opinions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 am 

Ur system still has air in it Make sure ur bleeders r straight up when ur bleeding it Maybe try to make a power bleeder http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motive-Products ... c1&vxp=mtr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 am 
WB Contributor

1ST OF ALL ...WEAR LATEX GLOVES. bRAKE FLUID ABSORBS THRU YER SKIN AND GOES INTO YER BLOOD. 2ND. YEARS AGO I HAD BRAKES THAT JUST WOULD NOT BLEED OUT. I PUT A "T" IN THE BRAKE LINE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE TRAILING ARM PIVOT BOLT . 1 RUBBER BRAKE LINE WENT VERTICALLY UP WITH A CAP ON IT. THAT T WOULD CATCH EVERY MIGRATING AIR BUBBLE AS I DROVE. 30 MINUTES LATER I REMOVED THE CAP AND THE BRAKE FLUID WAS A FEW INCHES DOWN AND I WOULD POUR FRESH FLUID IN THE HOSE AND CAP IT. 3RD OLD FROZEN CALIPERS WITH RUSTED PISTONS WILL NOT BLEED OUT. 4TH A BENT STUB AXLE, WARPED ROTOR, OR BAD WHEEL BEARINGS WILL MOVE PADS OUT AND WHEN YOU GO TO APPLY BRAKES THEY GO TO THE FLOOR. A PULSING PEDAL MEANS A WARPED ROTOR OR STUB AXLE. AND AS ALWAYS PART # 66599 WHEEL CYL REPAIR KIT FOR $3.99 AT AUTOZONE HAS THE EXACT RUBBER CUPS FOR A 3/4 FOOT BRAKE OR CLUTCH. CALL 1ST BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO ORDER THEM. EASY TO REMEMBER BECAUSE IT READS UPSIDE DOWN ASWELL. AND QUIT CROSSING RIVERS OR LETTING YOUR BRAKES SIT OUT IN THE RAIN. WHEEL BEARRINGS, BRAKE PISTONS, MASTER CYLINDERS, NICE SEATS AND A/C MOTORS HATE WATER. WATER BUBBLES IN ALUMINIUM CYLINDER BORES MAKE PITS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 am 
WB Contributor

1ST OF ALL ...WEAR LATEX GLOVES. BRAKE FLUID ABSORBS THRU YER SKIN AND GOES INTO YER BLOOD. 2ND. YEARS AGO I HAD BRAKES THAT JUST WOULD NOT BLEED OUT. I PUT A "T" IN THE BRAKE LINE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE TRAILING ARM PIVOT BOLT . 1 RUBBER BRAKE LINE WENT VERTICALLY UP WITH A CAP ON IT. THAT T WOULD CATCH EVERY MIGRATING AIR BUBBLE AS I DROVE. 30 MINUTES LATER I REMOVED THE CAP AND THE BRAKE FLUID WAS A FEW INCHES DOWN AND I WOULD POUR FRESH FLUID IN THE HOSE AND CAP IT. 3RD OLD FROZEN CALIPERS WITH RUSTED PISTONS WILL NOT BLEED OUT. 4TH A BENT STUB AXLE, WARPED ROTOR, OR BAD WHEEL BEARINGS WILL MOVE PADS OUT AND WHEN YOU GO TO APPLY BRAKES THEY GO TO THE FLOOR. A PULSING PEDAL MEANS A WARPED ROTOR OR STUB AXLE. AND AS ALWAYS PART # 66599 WHEEL CYL REPAIR KIT FOR $3.99 AT AUTOZONE HAS THE EXACT RUBBER CUPS FOR A 3/4 FOOT BRAKE OR CLUTCH. CALL 1ST BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO ORDER THEM. EASY TO REMEMBER BECAUSE IT READS UPSIDE DOWN ASWELL. AND QUIT CROSSING RIVERS OR LETTING YOUR BRAKES SIT OUT IN THE RAIN. WHEEL BEARRINGS, BRAKE PISTONS, MASTER CYLINDERS, NICE SEATS AND A/C MOTORS HATE WATER. WATER BUBBLES IN ALUMINIUM CYLINDER BORES MAKE PITS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 am 

I guess those same 3/4 cups will fit turning brakes too?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm 

I had the same problem with mine I put 4 piston calipers off a Mercedes on it but still suck at stopping so I put a 1 inch wilwood master cyclinder it made a world of different I'm still trying to get all the air out but still a big improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 pm 
WB Contributor

neg klu... the cut brakes have a cup more like a seal than a cup. Basicly it has a hole in it like a Lifesaver candy.. Some Auto zone dude let me browse thru 200 packages years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 pm 

Well i rebuilt master and calipers new brake lines... and bled more... still spongy pedal.. gonna order 1" bore tomorrow.
Thanks for the part numbers DD you saved me some cash...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 am 
WB Contributor

IF YOU HAVE DRUMS ON THE FRONT MAKE SURE THEIR ADJUSTED REALLY WELL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm 

All I have is rear disk

Board index » Tech and Fab » Brakes and Steering